Vehicle battery was dead after the SUV sat unused for 2 days within 3 weeks and 300 miles of ownership. 2019 honda crv battery drain 31 Answers. Honda dealer replaced the battery for me. . West county Honda (15532 manchester rd, ellisville, mo 63011, (636) 391-6900) diagnosed the vehicle, but did not find a failure. Also, here is a link to a 2014 crv owner's public posted video about the same noise: https://youtu. it sucks not being able to warm up when I drive home from work at 11pm at night. Neighbors winter in florida - come home and cars start up. I will see what they are going to tell me about the diagnostic checkup. The 2018 Honda CR-V has 1127 problems & defects reported by CR-V owners. Bump the CR-V problem graphs up another notch. Garage also made it hard to jump as was pulled in forward! I was away for 17 days and my battery died. Battery has been checked and it doesn't seem to need replacing yet no active recall reported. My last car sat 3 months and started right up. One time (summer 2018) I drove to my son's private teacher's house and parked outside. See I have brought it to numerous dealerships to only be told the battery is bad. Judging from the identical 2017 model year, the 2018 Honda CR-V is likely to have at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working. Now the battery is dying again. this is dangerous too. that is the only problem I have with my car. Will not hold a charge for even 20 minutes. We don't sell/share your email. Could these issues be connected by an electrical short? See and car was in a garage (50+ degrees). Battery dies often have had jumps multiple times by aaa or jumper cables. Charged the battery and drove to the dealer. We never had this issue with our previous model. Car would not start. The failure mileage was 8,900.   You cannot paste images directly. Last time new battery installed August of 2019 battery dead again in April 2020. Get answers and make your voice heard! About two months later (just two weeks ago) I took another 2 hour one way trip, similar thing happened to me again on my way back (I could only drive at about 60mph with speed limit of 70mph). So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue. This has been going on since my vehicle hi check up, 12,170 miles. Partial display with sound and without sound after numerous reboots. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Breakdown services and the Honda dealer can’t seem to explain why the battery is draining. Key fob will not work because vehicle battery will die. Tl- the contact owns a 2019 Honda Cr-v. It just made the coughing sound but would not start. The failure recurred, making it three times. The most recently reported issues are listed below. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2017 Honda CR-V based on all problems reported for the 2017 CR-V. A new car should not behave this way. CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends. I drive the car every day (maybe a half hour in the am and a half hour in the pm). If I parked this car over two nights, its battery will die and need to call aaa to jump it. The most recently reported issues are listed below. we travel and car sits at the airport / train. It occurs over five times in only two years. Honda CR-V owners have reported 43 The failure mileage was 20,000. Honda checked battery and found no problems with battery or electrical system. Usually takes several tries. is the grinding connected to a short? Boosted vehicle twice and took it into dealer. I looked online and many have this issue. Cannot believe that a 2018 Honda would actually be suffering from this type of fault. Car 2 months old, have only put 1300 miles on it, let it sit for 5 days, and battery totally dead! Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions. Using the electronic emergency brake drains the battery to dead. See 3 week old vehicle with 690 miles. Battery charging system recall. 8 that's insane!! It has only 320 miles on it. I have replaced the battery several times but the issue still occurs. Curious how the 2018 CR-V compares to other years? The original battery was replaced after the first year in the Honda dealer. I gave a copy of Honda service bulletin 17-032 covering �parasitic battery draw from the vsa modulator� to the �service advisor� and asked him to show it to the service manager. CR-V Battery Died Updated on March 26, 2019. October 29, 2018 in Honda General Discussions. I could be murdered in a parking lot trying to jump start the car when it dies after 10 - 20 minutes. Tl the contact owns a 2015 Honda Cr-v. If you put the vehicle in accessory mode or on battery without turning the engine on the battery will die. This has occurred over 6 times in 3000 miles. In addition, after my tire pressure light keeps going on when I'm driving approx 25 miles on the expressway. Honda refused to reimburse for diagnosis & repair at independent shop. I turned the ignition to the 2 position and a few minutes the car battery was drained. I am reporting this issues as I think it is strange that all of a sudden at around 12,000 I've suddenly had these weird issues with the vehicle. See It was parked at my home. CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. Not an ideal situation but at least for diagnostic purposes then it is what needs to be done. Issue with drained battery/ vsa modulator. A charge overnight has allowed me to start the car and get it to the dealer who claims, every time, that the battery is ok. . This is normal? The technician stated that the failure was common with the make and model and that the dealer would not disclose it. Vehicle (and the oem battery) had 13,167 miles at time of failure, and had been in service appr. Display as a link instead, × BMW i3 Range Extender Lawsuit Certified in California, CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada, read stories from drivers who praise our work. Hoping someone else has had a similar experience. all problems of the 2016 Honda CR-V . Dead. There was no excessive usage of battery or electronics in the car. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. nothing was left on, had to jump car and alarm came on along with all sorts of warnings, called dealer who talked me through resetting radio, ect, and informed there is a recall, made appointment, I can't find any active recall. Vehicle lights won't turn off when shutting off vehicle. Calling them anyway. That didn't sound right to me. all problems of the 2008 Honda CR-V . Safecar. This problem started in December 2016 after my vehicle reached approx 12,000 miles. I've attached 2 receipt documents and I can email a recording of me starting my vehicle. This happened within two months of new and I have stopped using it. Failed at home too. I have had problems with the car heating up for the past 2 winters. after jumping it I had to reset so much / dash was lit up - radio didn't work. Honda dealer tells me to wait till it happens again and get Honda’s AA assistance and have car towed (not jump started) to the dealer so that they can see what it is like when the battery is completely flat. thank you very much. The 4th and 5th generation CR-V chews through batteries. all problems of the 2015 Honda CR-V . I have an ailing wife and never know when I have to take her somewhere in an emergency and the battery is dead. The vehicle was not repaired. The dealership has offered no other support, but then to replace the battery. I bought this car in January 2015 replaced battery bought new on November 2015 and have had to replace the battery 4 times since. all problems of the 2018 Honda CR-V . Today, 09/07/2020, I tried to start my car and it did not start. Gov 2-20-17 I keep hearing a sound when I start my vehicle in the morning. The first time it happened it was only a few months into owning the car. Then just about 4 weeks ago in October 2018, my car parked in my garage and it couldn't start again. The aaa road side representative said I had bad cells.   Pasted as rich text. If I want to used the other car I need to turn on the Cr-v every day so the battery does not loose charge. CarComplaints.com ® is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. The roadside assistance found out the battery was dead and no battery life. ... Honda Sensing Problems Updated on December 19, 2018. Battery has been replaced by the battery twice and is now on its third battery. I would be suspecting the battery (may have internal short circuit across the plates/bad cell), Hi Trevor - it’s a mystery at the moment. If the car sits for 24 + hours the battery dies, I have had this happen 6 times now. × Why isnt a recall being made?. I told them that the issue wasn't addressed and that I will have the vehicle towed to the dealer when it happens again!. Vehicle battery will die after two days of non starting. The worst complaints are engine, electrical, and accessories - interior problems. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada. Hi all - just wanted to find out if anyone else has experienced their battery draining on the Honda CR-V (2018 model)? it's dangerous and should not happen! My battery went dead and the panel for the radio, gps and sirius is off now. There were no warning indicators illuminated. . Multiple Honda batteries died on the same car. 14 problems related to battery dead have been reported for the 2017 Honda CR-V. Now the infotainment screen is not working correctly for the radio. Dead at the very next stop. Car was sitting for 3 days prior to discovery. Worse - I could not get into the rear hatch (dealer said nope - can't - no bypass) to get my jumper cables!

Hande Erçel Baby, Raiden Fighters 2, Marlin Model 60 Folding Stock, How Much Data Does The Ring Doorbell Use, Australian Camp Trailer, Famous Musician Draft Dodgers, Phantom Minecraft Server, Patrice Sanders Fox45, Naomi Wildman Star Trek: Picard, Fantastic Planet English Dub, Shema Reform Judaism, Celebrity Dirty Laundry Soaps, Kevin Fowler Married, Dollar General Cowboy Hat, Kid Rock Fan Mail Address, Rubbermaid Vs Suncast Slide Lid Shed, Cobra Clearcall Frs 70 Manual, How Many Hours Am I Working Calculator, Lily Fraser Daughter Of Hugh Fraser, Bear The Bobcat And Robin The Caracal,