.300 Win Mag vs 7mm Rem Mag Ballistics As you’d expect from the fact that the two cartridges are very similar in overall size, the ballistics of the 7mm Rem Mag and .300 Win Mag are pretty similar. All trajectory figures are rounded off to one decimal place. My wife always tells me I'm not like any other guy she has ever met.lol The pistol grip really peaks my interest as well. But it's just not my cup of tea. The 165-grain load—probably the most popular of the lot—leaves the muzzle at between 2650 and 2700 fps, depending on the load and the rifle. Blue wildebeests gave up the fight after catching 140-grain A-Frames from 7mm-08, 150-gr.Norma Kalahari from 308 Win., 180-gr. The trajectories in the table below were calculated for a maximum bullet rise of 1.5 inches above the line of sight for all small game and varmint loads, and three inches above the line of sight for all big game loads. I like the affordability and availability of the 30cal range of bullets and calibres. Whow..I didn't mean to push any buttons man. Sighting-in a hunting rifle to hit a certain number of inches high at 100 yards (or 100 meters) maximizes the point blank range of the rifle and cartridge and is superior to zeroing at a fixed distance like 200 yards. I’ve also acquired a sweet Tikka T3 Lite in 7mm-08 Remington, and have spent a considerable amount of time with that rifle, with both factory loads and handloads. The 7mm-08 can use the full spectrum of 7mm bullets, from the short, frangible 100-grain hollowpoints designed for varmints, up through the 120-, 140- and 150-grain bullets which handle deer and similar-sized game so well, to the heavier 160- and 175-grain projectiles that will sort out moose, elk and black bear. I personally have Savage 111 7mm Rem Mag, and I love it. Both are are easy to shoot, can be housed in easy-to-carry, lightweight rifles and neither cartridge requires a country mile of barrel length to get the best performance. 7mm bullets have high sectional density and high ballistics coefficient. I have read and searched but can't determine which one would be better for distance shooting. The 7mm in my mind is a superior round. Shorter barrel life, more recoil, more expensive ammunition, and not as many choices for either factory load ammo or bullets if you roll your own. vs. .458 Lott• 7mm Rem. Units of Measure. If your scope is not 1.5 inches over the bore, and most scopes with oversize objectives require higher mounts, your trajectory will vary from those given below. A forum community dedicated to Sharpshooters and Sniper enthusiasts. I like the 5R and 700P the best personally. The 7mm-08 gives better ballistic coefficient and sectional density values when comparing bullets of the same weight, the .308 will offer a greater frontal diameter. Mag. (It is all the fault of that lame brained shyster, Squinty; after all he dragged us off to this near Artic wasteland--but I digress). I would let you shoot the F51 and you would see for yourself. The following data was taken from various sources including reloading manuals and the online Ballistics Calculator provided by BigGameInfo. Of course, the actual distance the bullet should hit above the point of aim at 100 yards (or 100 meters, which is about 108 yards) varies with the individual caliber and load. Compare up to 4 Winchester products and see how they compare. I’ve got to give it to the .308 Winchester, and only by a hair, because of the wide array of rifles and ammo available just about anywhere. 1911 R1 Back. You only have a few posts on here, and have not yet been properly introduced. They offer an aluminum one for the 700, so it would be heavier. Thus between the muzzle and the distance given as the MPBR, the bullet never strays more than 3 inches above or below the line of sight (1.5 inches for varmint loads). Heck, I don't know, there are so many avenues that can be taken it's unreal. HAHA...I guess I feel more at home with that style since all my shooting experience is with an m16. Don't forget you can part out some of the pieces. Ballistics Comparison for 270 Which gets the nod? I'm trying to figure out the pros and cons of each. The 140-grain loads—the most popular among the factory loads for the 7mm-08—leave the muzzle at right around 2800 fps, and with a 200-yard zero, will drop 8 inches at 300 yards, and 24 inches at 400 yards. Ballistics Charts. Perhaps I might get a model 700 like I originaly was and later on buy the blackhawk stalk for it. That said, if I were shopping for a rifle and found one that fit me well, and I loved, but was chambered in 7mm-08 Remington instead of .308, I’d be bringing it to the checkout counter without hesitation. As for the rifle itself I'm sure it a decent rifle but the stock really leaves something to be desired. Im'gonna have to take a lot of time with this. Violate this principle by, for example, chambering a lightweight, short action rifle for a powerful Magnum cartridge like the .300 WSM and the result will be a dramatic increase in kick. Weatherby Customer Service representatives are available to assist you: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (MDT) Visitor/Service Center 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (MDT) Customer Service (307) 675-7840. The .308’s overall length is 2.800 inches, compared to the Springfield’s 3.340 inches; those two measurements have come to define our short- and long-action rifle receivers, respectively. More mid-range rise can be accepted when hunting larger animals (a 4 inch MRT might be appropriate when hunting mule deer, for example), but if a mixed bag hunt for larger and smaller species is envisioned, then the 3 inch rise used for this table is probably safer. The 7mm offers great long range ballistics. In the case of these two cartridges, the choices top out at 175 grains in 7mm and 200 grains in .30; I suppose the decision could come down to whether or not you intend to use the heaviest bullets for the respective calibers, and use them routinely. The rimless case uses a 20-degree shoulder for headspacing, and has a neck measuring 0.303-inch, or just short of one caliber, sufficient to hold bullets in place without needing a heavy roll crimp. For the record, this table was calculated for an air temperature of 60 degrees F and an altitude of 1000 feet. Equipped with a 1:12ʺ twist rate on most of the early rifles, the .308 Winchester could stabilize bullets weighing up to 200 grains; the heavy 220-grain round nose requires a 1:10ʺ twist to be properly stabilized. OK starving. This trajectory table can also serve as a comparative tool, allowing the reader to compare the trajectories of different cartridges or loads. For my own hunting, I’d feel comfortable taking either afield. It uses mucho powder and it produces lots of recoil. The one shot through both shoulders with a 300-gr. All trajectories were calculated for a rifle with a low mounted telescopic sight of moderate size whose line of sight is 1.5 inches above the bore axis of the barrel. What's in a name? The 7mm-08 case is just slightly longer than the parent .308—2.035 inches vs. 2.015 inches—but maintains the same 20-degree shoulder of the .308 Winchester. The SC packages are a good way to go. That's what I was getting out of what I read so far. Most of the loads below are similar to popular factory loads for the selected cartridges. I’ve used that rifle for factory ammunition testing, as well as developing dozens of handloads for it. ELD ® Match 80269 2790 2564 2349 2144 1950 … http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/Classic-R ... 0-s/42.htm, http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009 ... 022-stock/, http://www.snipercentral.com/forums/vie ... hlight=pdc, http://www.davidtubb.com/tcom_images/t2 ... tical.html, http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/MSR/msr.htm, http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Axiom- ... 19,166.htm, Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Using the same .473-inch case head diameter of the Springfield (which in turn was borrowed from the 8x57mm Mauser, the Patrone 88 design), the .308 Winchester uses a case measuring 2.015 inches, in comparison to the Springfield’s 2.494 inches. With a 200-yard zero, a decent spitzer will drop 9 inches at 300 yards and 26 inches at 400 yards, making it a solid contender for an all-around big-game rifle. While environmental factors such as altitude and ambient air temperature affect trajectory, their effect is relatively minor. I don't know. If you’re considering one of the two for a young hunter, the 7mm-08 Remington will be easier to master. We've got you covered.• 6.5 Creedmoor vs. .260 Remington• .303 British vs. 8x57 Mauser• .30-06 Springfield vs. All Other .30s• .17 HMR vs. .17 WSM• .450 Nitro Express vs. .470 Nitro Express• 350 Legend vs. .35 Remington• .280 Ackley Improved vs. 7mm Rem. The .308 works very well with bullets in the range of 125 to 200 grains, with the 150-, 165- and 180-grain choices being the most popular. Mag.• .404 Jeffery vs. .416 Rigby• .243 Winchester vs. 6mm Creedmoor• .300 PRC vs. .300 Win. vs. .300 WSM• .223 Remington vs. .22-250 Remington, E-mail your comments/questions about this site to: EmediaHunter@nrahq.org, For questions/comments about American Hunter magazine, please e-mail:Publications@nrahq.org, You can contact the NRA via phone at: NRA Member Programs1-800-672-3888, To advertise on American Hunter, visit nramediakit.com for more information. Tackling the latter question first, I can report that there is a noticeable difference in felt recoil between the two—not enough to make me think twice about it, but it is there. Ballistics Calculator. Norma Oryx from 30-06, 162-grain SST, of all things, from 7mm Rem. Regarding the bullet diameter issue, the 7mm versus .308-inch debate has raged for over a century, with no apparent victor. Which model 700 are you looking at? Be sure to keep us informed whatever you do. The following data was taken from various sources including reloading manuals and the online Ballistics Calculator provided by BigGameInfo. Ammo Description Velocity (fps) Energy (ft/lb) Trajectory Tables (inches) CARTRIDGE BULLET ITEM # MUZ 100 yd 200 yd 300 yd 400 yd 500 yd MUZ 100 yd 200 yd 300 yd 400 yd 500 yd MUZ 100 yd 200 yd 300 yd 400 yd 500 yd M 223 Rem 68 gr. Just because it can be done does not mean it makes sense, despite what you might read in advertising copy.

Legacy Rifle Magazine, Early Ford V8 Museum Raffle, Switching Man To Man Defense Pdf, Paradox Gaming Gta Rp Commands, Deviance Essay Conclusion, Notary Signing Agent Profile, Bmw X5 Maintenance Schedule Canada, Tanita Strahan Instagram, Carolina Trial Journal Club, Homer App Vs Abc Mouse, How Much Do Wtae Anchors Make, How To Delete Primary Account On Ps4, Crolan Bike Review, Life As A University Student Essay, Bull Baiting Psychology, Lower Back Pain In Early Pregnancy 2 Weeks, Easiest Bts Song To Play On Guitar, Brianna Keilar Wikipedia, Pat Woodell Cause Of Death, Etrian Odyssey Rom, Tiny Pop Live, Sig Sauer P229, Lower Back Pain In Early Pregnancy 2 Weeks, Washington State Car Tabs Renewal Locations, Angle Strain Vs Torsional Strain, Description Of Stormy Beach, News 2 Meteorologists, Avatar Creator Games Unblocked, Megasquirt E30 Turbo, Allusions In Mos Def Hip Hop, Skyward Login Pawtucket, Drake Bell Wife, Tristan Jass Height, Payal Khanna Wikipedia, 2021 Lincoln Aviator, Junior Kelly Marchena Letras, 34 Stone Size, Monica Puig Personality, Arsenal Sponsorship Deals, Majora's Mask Fairy Rewards, Black Version Of Tennessee Whiskey, Mma Nickname Generator, Learn To Fly Foo Fighters Theme Song For What Tv Show, Macha Grenon Conjoint 2019, Mecor Kids Desk, Texas Mullet Haircut, How Old Is Wyatt Nash David Dobrik, Kelsey Pryor Net Worth, Cecil Newton Age, Tummy Tuck Risks Of Death, Ksl News Anchors Salaries, London Colney Fc Twitter, Deagostini Knight Rider, Best Shredder For Unopened Mail, Uchicago Essay Prompts 2015, Jackie Mcnamara Song, One Punch Man Awakening Codes July 2020, Madden Mobile Coin Store, Nightwatch Cast Member Killed, The Landlady Poem Analysis, Belgian Malinois Surrender, Hero Puts Ow Before Heroine, Chloe Stroll Age, How To Make Light In Minecraft Without Torches, Songs With Vibe In The Lyrics, Sildur's Vibrant Shaders Too Bright, Diy Gel Bead Ice Pack, Can You Get Mrsa From Kissing, The Rambler Ice Cream, Olivia Junkeer Nationality, Yoga Charts Pdf, Injustice Pack Glitch 2020, Star Wars Cantina Names, Pom Klementieff Age, Amourence Lee For City Council 2020, Ride 3rd Form, Wader Park Tower Assembly Instructions, The Rats Jerma, Yeh Ladka Hai Allah Lyrics English, Ideas For Teaching Baby Ballet, Chad Wild Clay Instagram, Generation Of Chaos Pandora's Reflection Characters, Fishing Hook Size Chart Actual Size Pdf, Is Santa Claus Real Essay, Joe Biden Height, Rumer Willis Chin, I Sexually Identify As A Toaster, Am I A Pseudo Intellectual Quiz, The Singles Ward, Caddyshack Pool Pond, Powerbirds Season 2, Lily Rose Helberg, Natasha Duffy Age, Car Name Generator, Rock And Roll Bed, Jonathan Cavendish Triplets, Psycho Pass The Movie Vostfr Streaming, Lauren Hunt Obituary, Cassie Howard Outfits, Leroi Moore Grave,