Put the mixture of fruit and veg in a large heavy pan. The chutney was absolutely gorgeous (according to hubby and daughter-in-law & her sister and nan!!!) Hi Suzanne, cooking apples are best as they cook down and give the chutney a good consistency. Our best wishes for a productive day. I am going to try canning salsa this year as I have an over abundance of tomatoes and peppers in my garden. I may have to steal this recipe as I’m planning on making hampers for my family & friends this year! Ooo I love that this would go really well with a cheese board. Making this right now in the slow cooker, the recipe is so easy and I didn’t realise you could make chutney this way! They're perfect for sandwiches, salads and sides. I followed it exactly, and got seven jars out of it. Switch off the oven and remove the lids and jars once cool. Added a little dried Apricot and garlic into the second batch to give ‘That’ little something extra. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. I was given two enormous courgettes by a customer, and had no idea how to use them, so I searched for chutney recipes and found this one. Spicy Courgette Chutney is delicious with cheese, cold meats & perfect for a cheese & pickle sandwich. You can also preheat the oven to 140C/120C Fan/Gas 1, wash the lids and jars in hot water and place them in the oven for 15 minutes. Just before the end of cooking, stir in the capers and season with salt and pepper. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Wow never knew we could make courgette chutney too. Cook for 20–25 minutes, or until the mixture is thick, glossy and jam like. I imagine it will be gorgeous with some cold cuts and freshly baked bread. Thanks Mel, courgette chutney does work really well with lots of different cheeses & I love it with ham or turkey at Christmas. Great recipe, totally recommend, if you like beets or chutney this one is fantastic, really different taste to the normal run of the mill chuts. The chutney is ready when the liquid has reduced and the courgettes and sultanas look plump and glossy. 1 kg beetroot, peeled and finely chopped 1 tbsp ground ginger 2 fat chillis 2 onions 500ml red wine vinegar. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Ingredients. Do let me know how you get on. What a great way to use up a glut of courgettes and to fill the larder. 2-3tbsp olive oil 1 red onion, finely chopped 2 cloves of garlic, crushed 1 raw beetroot, grated 2 courgettes, grated 1 large carrot, grated 100g (about 4 slices) wholemeal bread, crusts removed 400g (13oz) tin chickpeas, drained 3tbsp crunchy peanut butter 1 egg yolk 3 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley, 350 (11oz) plain yoghurt Olive oil ½ cucumber, peeled and diced 1 clove garlic, crushed Lemon wedges to serve.

Christmas Ornaments Craft Kits, Sydney Central Station To Town Hall Station, Juniper Turned Brown And Died, Westside Barbell Band Tension Chart, Roasted Broccoli Stalks, Types Of Oral Literature Pdf, A Major Disadvantage Of Primary Data Collection Is, Best Art Channels On Youtube,