I should've let you go, Jimmy. [CDATA[ No, why, boss? I got the Fotomat here. R. Lance Hill (screenplay), Well, with a fire like that, nothin' they could do. I love this movie. Another One Bites the Dust - Hollywood's Best Death Scenes, Least Deserving Golden Rasberry Nominee for Worst Picture. West was a charter member of Presley’s “Memphis Mafia” and functioned as one of the singer’s bodyguards into the 1970s. Tinker Well, you get him out of here, Elizabeth. The acting? A great guy movie. [to Tinker and O'Connor]  This is a digitized version of an article from The Times’s print archive, before the start of online publication in 1996. Among the various ways he was banged up during shooting was when Marshall Teague, who played Jimmy (the bad guy who gets his throat ripped out), hit Swayze with what he thought was a prop log… only to find out that it was actual hard wood. The Otis Redding song “These Arms of Mine” is used during one of the love scenes between Swayze and Lynch. Get this piece-of-shit coward out of here. // < ZEN AND THE ART OF BARROOM BOUNCING - ROAD HOUSE, directed by Rowdy Herrington; screenplay by David Lee Henry and and Hilary Henkin, story by Mr. Henry; director of photography, Dean Cundey; music by Michael Kamen; produced by Joel Silver; released by United Artists. One of the fired bartenders from The Double Deuce was played by John Doe, better known to music fans as the founder of the punk band X. Dalton is soon introduced to local business magnate (and next door neighbor) Brad Wesley. And if he doesn't have me, who's he got? Review/Film; One Against the Villains, in 'Road House'. He's a drifter, you know. As Dalton cleans up the nightclub, and with it, the town from Wesley's hired goons, a deep wound from a knife will inspire a passionate affair with local Dr. Elizabeth "Doc" Clay. View production, box office, & company info. Why? In a sad coincidence, both Swayze and Ben Gazzara, who played Dalton’s nemesis Brad Wesley, both died of pancreatic cancer… Swayze in 2009 and Gazzara in 2012. | Stroudenmire, I never thought you'd turn on me too. Ben Gazzara said that of all the movies he's ever made, this is the is the one he saw most often on television. Brad Wesley Which Is Your Favorite 1980s Action Movie Guilty Pleasure? 71 of 83 people found this review helpful. Brad Wesley ''Road House,'' which opens today at Loews Paramount and other theaters, was directed by Rowdy Herrington, whose first film, a Jack-the-Ripper takeoff called ''Jack's Back,'' was one of last year's most puerile movies. If there's one thing that disgusts me, it's a man who can't admit when he's wrong. Road House (1989) Ben Gazzara as Brad Wesley. Action, Thriller. After a young man is murdered, his spirit stays behind to warn his lover of impending danger, with the help of a reluctant psychic. With its frequent appearances on cable television, it’s never out of sight for very long, but we’ve compiled some fun facts to help you enjoy the greatest bad movie ever the next time you find yourself drawn in by the majesty of Swayze. By the time that Patrick Swayze appeared as the legendary bouncer (or cooler) Dalton in 1989’s Road House, he was two years removed from his star making turn in Dirty Dancing. [CDATA[ “ROAD HOUSE" This is THE iconic cult classic movie that won 4 Oscars in 1989. In Dirty Dancing, the same song is used during the initial love scene between Swayze and Jennifer Grey. Nothin'. Elvis! 11. Kevin Tighe, who played Dalton’s boss, bar owner Frank Tilghman, was better known for his work on television. Brad Wesley A guilty pleasure through andthrough but it is fun sitting around with a bunch of guys watchingthis and laughing your ass off. Wesley appears to have a strangle hold on the town, and little happens without his knowledge and approval. Ike Barinholtz, 14 September 2020 Just as he had with Dirty Dancing, Swayze sings on the soundtrack and his song “Cliff’s Edge” is heard on a radio in the film. : 2. 8. Red West, who played the owner of the auto parts store (also named Red), was a high school friend of Elvis Presley. Brad Wesley But when Billy takes their authority too far, they become the hunted.

She asks about his major. //
Mughal Steel Share Price Today Per Kg, Nuclear Energy Advantages And Disadvantages, Conditional Display Elementor, Houseboat For Sale By Owner Lake Mead, Buffalo Fork River Fishing Report, Amid The Shadows, Raf High Wycombe Officers' Mess, Little Drummer Boy Violin Tab, Class 8 Science Chapter 18 Ecosystem Question Answer, Mitsubishi Attrage Owner's Manual Pdf, What Is General Santos City Known For, How To Calculate Gross Sales From Sales Tax, 2018 Audi A3 Quattro Specs,