You we're like a father to me and I'll carry you with me in my heart forever! His current residence is in Los Angeles, California. Benny’s aspirations began to exceed Warner Bros.’ opportunities, and he started his own company, alongside his friend Jeff Pollack, called Medina\Pollack Entertainment. Help keep Benny Medina profile up to date. [5], Medina is best known for managing actress/singer/dancer Jennifer Lopez. My Deepest Condolence for the loss of your Beloved Benny. I'll love you forever! Jason opened about the incident to Advocate and mentioned the scandal occurred in Benny's home. While there, Medina collaborated with artists such as Ray Charles, Babyface, Prince, Chaka Khan, Madonna, Paul Simon and Fleetwood Mac. Thus, under the influence of his father, Medina showed interests in the music very early, including during schooling at Beverly Hills High School. Out of numerous primos and primas I have, Benny was the closest to me. So, have you ever wondered how rich Benny Medina is? He has been involved in the careers of a variety of recording artists and performers throughout his career. I'm so sorry for your loss Julie! The only known parents he has is Ahmad "Benny" Medina but no extra information about his family. In March 2007, he was ranked as one of Out.com's Top 50 Gays, coming in at spot 48.[12]. Regina Castello. And for loving us the way you did. He is mostly known for his music but also his acting in various television series as he is also a film producer. Medina co-wrote three of the seven tracks, including “Astro Disco,” for which they are best known. "[11], Medina is gay. Theresa Madrid-Mestas and Marcella Madrid. "[10] Through his attorneys Howard Weitzman and Shawn Holley, Medina said in a statement, "Benny Medina categorically denies the allegation of attempted rape. However, it was not true, and the producer openly denied the gossip. As of 2008, Medina officially resumed his role as Lopez's manager,[6] and is also a godparent to her twin children.[6]. Our family misses you and we love you, Uncle Benny. Benny Medina with his client, Jennifer Lopez (Photo: EMPICS Entertainment). They masterminded a variety of projects, including Booty Call, Above the Rim, and Maid in Manhattan. Our deepest condolences. Benny is never seen with anyone on the red carpet unless he is the manager of that celebrity such as Jenifer Lopez. His ethnicity is African-American, he has a sibling Katrina Medina, and the artist himself has not stated his height and measurements. Connect any celebrity with Benny Medina to see how closely they are linked... romantically! His career began with the group Apollo, who released their self-titled debut on Gordy, Motown in 1979. She is almost as famous for her love life as she is for her movies and music. Arquette also claims that Will's first marriage ended because his wife walked in on him with another man. Praying for your family. When it comes to speak about Benny Medina’s personal life, there is no information about it in the media, as he obviously keeps it private, although it is known the fact that he was in a brief relationship with singer Jennifer Lopez. Required fields are marked *. ~~~Namaste~~~, God Bless You, Benny and deepest condolences to your family. [4], In early 2009, Benny Medina formed another company called the Medina Company. Découvrez comment nous utilisons vos informations dans notre Politique relative à la vie privée et notre Politique relative aux cookies. Published contents by users are under Creative Commons License. 26, 2015. He also owns his company, Medina Company. Medina was the lead vocalist in their band in which he wrote three songs in which they widely known. Really beautiful tribute, love and comfort to your family and all the friends and loved ones of Benny Medina. He also worked with Naughty by Nature, Queen Latifah, De La Soul, Biz Markie, Kool G. Rap, Big Daddy Kane, Roxanne Shanté, and Monie Love. There are, however, rumors about him being gay, during the set of Fresh Prince with Will Smith as a young lad. For someone who already had a reputation as the hardest-working TV music producer in show business, Ken Ehrlich has lately taken it up a notch. Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Talk Show / Informative, Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Talk Show, The Fighting Temptations, 3 Strikes, Above the Rim. Benny Medina and Beverly Johnson attending Grammy Awards party in 2007 Source: wire image Benny is also close with Jennifer Lopez, as he is the manage… Benny Medina is a member of the following lists: American music industry executives, 1958 births and LGBT African Americans. Fired because of his inappropriate actions and sexual advances made to another member of the cast. I will always remember Benny piecing a puzzle together at the Meadowlark Senior Center. But, their relationship didn't turn happy ending. 2020 WikiNetworth.com and All Rights Reserved In his early teenage years Medina dealt joints and amphetamines. We had mutual respect. A legendary music producer of this century and back in his day, a vocalist the late 1970's disco group, Apollo, Benny Medina is the man of smooth jazz. Vous pouvez modifier vos choix à tout moment dans vos paramètres de vie privée. Thank you for loving my mom and me so much! Benny Medina (born January 24, 1958) is the CEO of The Medina Company and son of the jazz drummer Ahmad "Benny" Medina. with all our condolences to all the family, tho we never met Benny we are good friends of his brother Ray and know about him from him, he always talked with love and honor of his bro. Blessings and prayers for the family. When Daou chose to leave with label head Bob Krasnow and find a way out of her contractual obligations to MCA in 1998, Medina and his company Handprint Entertainmant, along with Daou, co-released the artist's internet-only album release 'Plutonium Glow'. WERE THEY REALLY HAD RELALATIONSHIP!?!!!!!! He is a record producer, executive and talent manager, who is probably best recognized for managing Jennifer Lopez’s career. It was an honor to know Benny. We grieve the loss of your friendship and sitting at the lunch table together sharing stories and memories. In his early teenage years Medina dealt joints and amphetamines. to add information, pictures and relationships, join in discussions and get credit for your contributions. We will miss seeing Benny at Meadowlark Senior Center where we shared the Rio Grande Sun newspaper with him. He is not only best in must but also when it comes to hiding personal life about him as he has done for himself over the years of his career. How lucky you are to once again embrace your son and grandson, mother and my beloved Eddie and Ernie, Brother Flory and Stella..to name a few. They remained in contact with each other, and unofficially reunited during late 2007. This had a huge influence on the overall size of his net worth. Neither their affair was official nor their break up. He has been accumulating this amount of money through his career as a managing music artist, who has worked with some of the best musicians on the American scene. Pour autoriser Verizon Media et nos partenaires à traiter vos données personnelles, sélectionnez 'J'accepte' ou 'Gérer les paramètres' pour obtenir plus d’informations et pour gérer vos choix. Benny Medina made his net worth from managing some of the most iconic acts in the music industry. Under Gordy, Medina wrote and produced for legendary Motown acts such as The Temptations, Smokey Robinson, Billy Preston, Rick James and Teena Marie. He soon became the head of A&R for Motown, working as a protégé to Berry Gordy who mentored him in his time. He was in a relationship with an American Model, Beverly Johnson. Medina, Benny A. Benny A. Medina passed away April 22, 2015. Sorry for your loss. Informations sur votre appareil et sur votre connexion Internet, y compris votre adresse IP, Navigation et recherche lors de l’utilisation des sites Web et applications Verizon Media. He also wrote for many songs and produced such music such as Billy Preston, Teena Marie and much more. He has worked in the music business as a producer, talent manager and record executive. Help us build our profile of Benny Medina! In 2003, at the height of her popularity, Lopez and Medina had a public falling out, and split. Your email address will not be published. 1 year ago. TV Series executive producer pre-production, TV Series executive producer - 28 episodes, TV Series executive producer - 13 episodes, TV Series executive producer - 4 episodes, Celebrity Autobiography: In Their Own Words, TV Series co-producer - 74 episodes, 1990 - 1994 co-executive producer - 73 episodes, 1993 - 1996, TV Series format by - 143 episodes, 1990 - 1996 written by - 2 episodes, 1991, TV Series executive consultant - 5 episodes, TV Special producer: "The Planet Raps Back" recording. Along with Lopez and then-head of Sony Music, Tommy Mottola, Medina launched Lopez's pop music career in 1999, after which he and Lopez worked intensively together building a dominant film, music, fragrance and clothing empire. Benny Medina Wiki Biography. Medina managed Sean "P. Diddy" Combs and aided in the launch of the Sean John apparel and fragrance empire. 1 year ago. Lead vocalist of the late 1970's disco group, Apollo. He has been involved in the careers of a variety of … Medina then attended Beverly Hills High where he met Kerry Gordy and was a successful student. The death of his mother and abandonment by his father resulted in him being placed into a number of foster homes, which he repeatedly ran away from before he and his siblings were taken in by his aunt. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (1990-1996)as Producer, Your email address will not be published. Benny Medina has been in a relationship with Beverly Johnson (2007). What’s Dorchester & Michelin Guide Chef Alain Ducasse’s Net Worth? He has been an active member of the entertainment industry since the 1970s. You'll always be my Papa and I'll carry you with me for the rest of my life! Other clients were also managed by Medina to lesser extents, including Tyra Banks, whom Medina helped to create a largely successful television and fashion career. Benny Medina was born on the 24th January 1958, in Los Angeles, California USA of African and American ancestry. However, he eventually left Motown records, and joined Warner Bros. records, and under director Mo Ostin, Benny worked as a producer and manager, helping the careers of such famous artists as Chaka Khan, Prince, Ray Charles, Fleetwood Mac, Madonna, and many others, which increased his net worth by a large margin. Benny Medina is the son of Ahmad “Benny” Medina, who was a legendary jazz drummer. He is also known for being a businessman, as he is the owner and CEO of The Medina Company. Medina then moved on to Warner Bros. Records, where executive Mo Ostin tasked him to build and cultivate the careers of the company's urban artists as VP/GM of its urban-music division. 2, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Benny_Medina&oldid=979642665, American people of Dominican Republic descent, Wikipedia articles with MusicBrainz identifiers, Wikipedia articles with WORLDCATID identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 21 September 2020, at 22:16.

Nmssvn College Faculty, Mid Penn Broadcasting Twitter, Do Bichon Frise Smell, 2015 Nissan Versa Sr, Gotenna Data Rate, When Does Ebay Send Invoices,