I thought this movie was going to be really stupid, but it turned out being pretty cute. Hallmark 2-Movie Collection (Paris, Wine and Romance / Rome In Love). [4] He took the role for a change of genre, because he liked the idea of playing a "nice guy", and in order to practise his skiing. Sure, the movie was a typical British Rom-com with cheesy scenes and Ed Westwick but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Kim does well on all obstacles until she gets to the high jump; she stops as she remembers the car accident again. He notices that she has a natural talent. Received quick, great little feel good movie. The Best TV Shows About Being in Your 30s. [6], Reconnaissance trips were made to the resort of Méribel and to snowboarding championships in Laax. Privileged teens living on the Upper East Side of New York can hide no secret from the ruthless blogger who is always watching. [6] Tamsin Egerton signed on having had no experience on the slopes, and spent time with a trainer. [2] Jones described her character as a "witty, spirited beast", and cited the collaborative process with Traill as the reason why she took on the role. The film earned $4,811,510 on an £8,000,000 budget. We have watched it at least twice a week since we bought it! I only rented the movie, but, if I found it in a bargain bin, I would buy it and watch it again. [5] He said of the film, "It's a return to that sort of English comedy that I grew up with. He was approached by director Phil Traill who used to live nearby to Bailey and took him for a drink down the local pub and was "chuffed" to get the role. When there is nothing on the TV, one of the family says "Let's watch Chalet Girl"! Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 4, 2020. Directed by Phil Traill. In addition, Sophia Bush was cast as Chloe, Nicholas Braun as Nigel, and Georgia King as Jules. She joins the elite posh servicing company, which sends her off to Austria. Although she became "hooked" on skiing, in the final cut of the film she isn't actually seen skiing but can be seen on the blooper reel falling over on the slopes. It was as simple as that." 2011 12 1h 37m Sports Films. Opportunity comes knocking in the form of a catering job in the one of the most exclusive chalets in the Alps. At first, Kim is overwhelmed by this bizarre new world of posh people, vintage champagne, epic mountains and waist-deep powder. Reviewed in the United States on February 2, 2020, Reviewed in the United States on February 20, 2020, Reviewed in the United States on March 24, 2018, Reviewed in the United States on March 6, 2020, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 22, 2015. [11] The British premiere was held at Westfield London on 8 February 2011. He persuades her to try out to win a snowboarding competition to win €25,000. It then shows Richard and Caroline watching the competition on TV and see Johnny and Kim kiss. In order to promote the film, an online campaign was devised that integrated social media into an interactive trailer, where clicking on a "Like" button took viewers to additional features. Kim gives up skateboarding and begins working in a fast food burger bar to pay household bills to help her father (Bill Bailey). In this he plays the rich kid all grown up who falls for the seasons hired help,she like a fish out of water finds her feet and shows she can be just as good as anyone else,the normal hired help who has been there before and fits in well is a little green eyed when this beautiful young thing seems to be taking over and blending in,some very funny bits with some very silly moments but great for a grey day. I've watched it on Netflix about 3 times now so decided to buy it. She persuades Kim to take the party back to where they are staying, as the family are out. Chalet Girl. Downstairs, her fiancé and her former lover grow increasingly anxious. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. [15], Other critics gave the film positive reviews, such as Tim Robey of The Telegraph, who gave the film three stars, describing Ed Westwick as "goofy", but praised the performance of Bill Bailey as "lovably hopeless". A rebellious Malibu princess is shipped off to a strict English boarding school by her father. Stunning scenery and some good snow board sequences. Title: She was known to the production staff previously following a ten year stint in The Archers and the Royal Court Theatre production of That Face. There are no truly original concepts in the film, but it is still entertaining. I never buy used but I just love this movie and couldn't get it on so player or bud.. no where and it's perfect condition ty to this seller I will be checking in with them for future purchases!! Johnny pays her to teach him how to snowboard, which brings them closer and after a day in the snow they kiss briefly and end up sleeping together. Chloe, piecing together the facts, asks if he is in love with Kim, which he admits to. Brooke Shields, Bill Nighy and Bill Bailey lend their incomparable talents to this charming and fun-filled comedy. However, I do agree that this movie may not be for men as it is typically as many of these films are, aimed at women. Felicity Jones was cast in the lead role of Kim. She joins the elite posh servicing company, which sends her off to Austria. But before she can become a champion again, Kim's going to have to dig deep to overcome her fears. Due to budgetary restraints, a number of scenes were dropped or the locations moved. We have watched it at least twice a week since we bought it! Georgie begins to become friends with Kim and later finds out it is her birthday. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 2, 2011. This is a film that is a little silly but fun to watch,westwick who normally plays Chuck Bass in Gossip Girl, who is normally infatuated with Bee! When she and her father need more money to pay the bills, Kim goes looking for a job with better pay. Costume designers had to fly around to meet the actors' availability, including to New York City to meet with Ed Westwick and Soho, London with Bill Nighy. Unable to add item to List. Alex Towers of Trinity News gave the film a negative review, saying "limping along from poor set-ups to glaringly obvious conclusions, the film's ninety-seven minutes feels three times as long. I just watched it for Felicity Jones because I really liked her in Like Crazy. Williams had previously worked at Working Title Films as a script reader, and described himself as sharing their "commercial sensibility". Recommend. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Verified Purchase. Pretty tomboy Kim Matthews, 19, used to be a champion skateboarder - but now she's stuck in a dead end job trying to support her Dad. The two Bill's, Bailey & Nighy, in particular raise this film above average with their very different performances and Felicity Jones is a very engaging lead and has good chemistry with the rest of the cast. [4], Playing the character of Georgie was Tamsin Egerton, who joined the project because of the quality of the script, in particular the banter between Georgie and Kim, and became attached quite early as she was eager to work with Felicity Jones.

Langrisser 1 Routes, James Hetfield Net Worth 1989, Garnett Elliott Death, Msg Id 0007 Fannie Mae, Jerry Lucas Death, Grandparent Interview Questions Pdf,