For around-the-clock GM news coverage. We look forward to hearing from you. So far it appears to fix most of the issues due to this. The transmission pairs to cars on a rear-wheel-drive architecture, meaning owners of GM’s sports cars, luxury sedans, trucks, and SUVs have the 8-speed automatic transmission in question. Or General Motors LACK of customer service. I did have a problem on my transmission but I just took it to the dealer they gave me a new Denali Acadia and then proceeded to take a couple days to replace the transmission and tune it. It became such a burden to drive. A 30 day old truck with 3,000 miles and its undriveable. When I went to drive away the truck shuddered hard. How about your center console? Apart from General Motors, we also offer top-quality Ford and Mopar transmissions. How is it that FCA’s RWD based ZF 8 speed shifts perfectly fine and has been a rugged unit and GM keeps screwing up on their transmissions? Step right up and roll the dice…. Lights up the cluster, but does nothing else. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. Took it back to the dealership, and they knew exactly the symptoms I was talking about, and said it needs the flush and fill with the new fluid (per the TSB). That is why the lawsuits. Took to another dealer today and they said that the transmission bolts have to be replaced because they are allowing something to slip when stopping making the clunking noise. Clunky shift from park to first? Should be warrantied, but afterwards I’m buying the Range AFM Disabler, which disables the V4 mode and is reported to reduce the AFM issues. $hit happens and if it does as long as they fix it fast and correctly I have no beef. The manual automatic switch on the ATS !! They have burned so many bridges and here we are in 2019 with more half baked unfinished crap. It is easy to get done by just contacting the dealer and having it done. It often is worse if you lift on the gas before it shifts. They had a technician go out on a test drive with me, and we felt the hard shift, but not the shutter. We are also looking for an experienced forum moderator to join our team. Display as a link instead, × Another member (sorry I dont remember his name) had posted that the transmission shifts much better if you turn off grade braking (hold in tow haul button for 10 seconds) and turn off traction control (switch under the radio). Although, I’m sure the manufacturer would not agree. When performing an overhaul, remove the rod and closely inspect for wear or damage. Upload or insert images from URL. Truck RPM would go up but transmission wouldn’t shift. We considered a Tundra but the low mpg scared us away. The ZF 8 spd might be good, but the FCA-built licensed versions suck something awful, especially the 845RE/850RE behind the Pentastar V-6. Now I’m seeing all these comments and realize there is a bigger problem, and all this happened at the 550 mile mark on the odometer. It takes 8 hours between tunes on the transmission to make it so I do not have to experience the the learning period that would have been activating. There is not a model out there without a TSB or Recall. Numerous technical service bulletins (13 as of this past April) exist for issues like so many owners describe in their vehicles. I would think the brake system has nothing to do with driveability but it seemingly does. of the mopar brand! 2 months later same thing. Something is not responding to the work that was done to alleviate the shake. Scott3, you certainly are a condescending, arrogant person. From assembly plant-hot rodding! The gas tank vent solenoid on the Canyon !! Well they did the reprogram yesterday. Now you can play the victim all you like but you can not fool those who know the truth. Their 6 spd auto just doesn’t play well with the Atkinson cycle, and never will. I have a 2020 Chevy Silverado Custom with 8,200 miles. We know, advertisements are annoying and slow down the internet. Mobil One has made several fluids and the latest appears to be working in most cases so far. Specifically talking about Chevy's 6 and 8 speed transmissions, the 8 speed seems to constantly be shifting, even when the truck is unloaded. WTH? The issue is that my truck was not over mileage limits and they still wanted to charge me to perform the flush. It’s likely a misfiring cylinder, possibly due to the AFM. The real rest will be a tow next week after I finally get the boat ready for the water. I noticed the mentioned problem in the Colorado at about 500 miles. As of now it appears they may have found a solution but it will take more time to make sure the flush is going to resolve this. I restarted the truck, put it in reverse and turned around. Truck tows much better than our last truck with the 6.0L - so we're happy with that. The most common, however, is a loose shifter lever. If they all were going bad it would have been much easier to resolve. Display as a link instead, × My truck couldn’t engage any gear, 70 miles from the closest town. The computers alone on the shuttle were less than the Chevy Sonic. Now at 4000 miles, I went to leave the house this evening and it is dead as as dead gets. In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. O we don’t have the parts to fix it, WHAT, FIX IT !!!!! SAME problem, ONE thing in common, GM LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE !!! Here is the reality of life. But I as an owner on this have monitored this for the last couple years with people on the forums that have the issues and also I keep up with the TSB’s. Your email address will not be published. If it is under load it is smooth. scott3: “Well out of the millions of vehicles using these only a small percentage are suffering issues.”. You can also subscribe without commenting. 2009 GMC Sierra: 1st – The Steering began making a disturbing whine, under warranty, and the dealer repaired it, supposedly be replacing the rack and pinion. The ZF 8 speed automatic is among the best transmissions in the world. By Your browser will redirect to your requested content shortly. I expect GM will announce a extended time on the flush TSB for higher time or miles to cover owners. Why should anyone put up with this, especially in a $60k car? Needless to say, he can't figure it out either so they put me in a rental for now. 2017 Colorado WT just the basics but with 8spd auto transmission that appears to be repetitively faulty. I have had my 2018 Silverado LT Crew Cab Z71 for about two months. All my GM vehicles are fine, I have owned great ones and terrible ones, again the last three among the terrible ones, but its the change in GM customer service that has made the experience even worse, just horrible at times. Can't directly compare fuel economy as … To win a lawsuit, the plaintiffs will need one of two things to happen. ☹️. 2020 Chevy Colorado 6 Speed Transmission Problems - Take a look at colorized images for all of the available color options for the 2020 Chevrolet Colorado - interior , exterior colors by style and trim. They reprogramed the shift points again, somewhat better, but not totally. Pleasantly, I now have an import with the ZF 8 speed that is becoming of a $90 k vehicle and operates flawlessly in all situations! Silikhan Publishing Group & GM-Trucks.com #1 not all transmissions are having this issue. We would love for you to enjoy our content, we've worked hard on providing it.   You cannot paste images directly. We are currently looking for experienced automotive journalists and editors to join our team. I have a 20 AT4 6.2L 10 speed Crew cab. Have had it just over one year. I limped it back to the dealer. No magic. BS! In some cases adding fluid or resetting the computer is all that is needed, any may only require an hour's worth of labor at a local auto shop for a bill of less than $100. Factory said to replace rotors and pads until a “proper fix” can be found. Our 2019 Canyon Denali 4×4 started getting the vibration/shudder at 5200 miles…I think we caught it early, because it’s still at the random “feels like driving over rumble strips” phase. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. I came back to my truck and started it, put it in drive and attempted to drive…. I am curious when General Motors receives KNOWN FAULTY PARTS from a supplier that are out of spec, is GENERAL MOTORS complaining when they address the KNOWN FAULTY parts with the suppliers QUALITY department ? The reality is most owners can easily take their vehicle to the dealer with the TSB number that is on the web and have the service done with no drama and no need to line the pockets of s siren chasing lawyer. Which was under warranty at that time . My 2000 Silverado has 189,000 miles, same transmission and still running…. Will not go on long trips again. Be it a cheap watch or a $400K Rolls Royce. The truck would move but the engine had to do about 4000 rpms to get moving in reverse or forward. Once these settlements are reached the owners of these trucks can expect some kind of token from GM like free oil changes or $500 off the next vehicle.   Your previous content has been restored. It isn’t a safety issue. Sounds like you have something in the bed of the truck that jumps up and hits the bed again. When a manufacturer discovers that a given part is failing as a regular course of events, like 2 power door lock motors within 30,000 miles, and one more at 38,000 miles, it is NOT a “wear out” issue… It is a faulty part that just waited a little longer to break down. Same thing a month later. Valve body replacement for bad solenoid.... Hi, Scott66s. But it’s only been a week. 3rd – The power folding mirrors for GM vehicles have a spur gear made of cheap plastic. The 6 speed only ever jumped that much while you were towing something. I have a 2016 CTS and experience inconsistent shifts and flares, no shudder as of yet. I drove about 2 or 3 miles from the dealership and was traveling about 50mph when there was a big jerk and bang/slam in the driveline. Scott66s, April 2 in 2019/2020 Silverado & Sierra Troubleshooting. I have noted like I stated it got better after driving it more. It has been the best thing yet. Stoney371, June 3 in 2019/2020 Engine, Driveline, & Exhaust, Hi all. Thank you. #1 I scott3 know first hand what is going on do to the FACT that I own one of these transmissions. Audi had issues just like this and in their case it was traced back to transmission coolers leaking in the radiator. 1) They will need to show that there is some sort of contractual breech on performance or the issue is so far out of normal expectations that it is grievous in nature. Now a new shudder driving around the neighborhood has to be considered acceptable. © COPYRIGHT 2020 POWERED BY LSX V8 ENGINES, LOVE & REVERENCE. My previous car, a 2017 CT6 Platinum from new had the first to second shudder at low speeds. You do understand these are class action lawsuits and how they really Work? Check with your local GM dealer to see if your vehicle's transmission is covered under warranty before contracting service elsewhere. Another recall in 2008 was intended to fix damaged transmissions on several thousand Chevrolet Express vans that could cause the engine to shut down while driving. It’s that annoying. Special extended warranties can provide even more coverage for transmission problems. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Any voodoo dance I can do to get these TSBs completed? Has anyone on here got any insight on this or heard of this problem after a brake module reprogram? How long will it work only time will tell and we are watching. You may also try another dealer as not all service departments bare the same. In … As for if this does not fix it the lemon laws are in place and if you visit the forums you will find GM has easily bought back a number of vehicles over the last 3 years. Silikhan Publishing Group & GM-Trucks.com, 1999-2013 Silverado & Sierra (GMT-800/900), Power Steering Fluid Reservoir location, 2020 5.3l V8, Changed my spark plugs now truck skips and runs rough, Breaking News - UAW and GM Reach Tentative Agreement, Costco Kicks Off Season of Values With Great GM Vehicle Deals, "Silverado Race Truck" Previews Future Silverado ZRX, New Face For 2021 Chevy Colorado Debuts On Hall Racing ZR2, Following a Hopeful Stretch UAW Now Says Strike Deal Moving Backwards.

Www1 123movie Movie, Stim Charges Division 2, What Kind Of Boat Was The Barnacle In Summer Rental, Type R Front Lip, Wishing Well Og Juice Wrld, Baby Einstein Sea Dreams Soother Not Moving, Walmart Call In Sick Online, Cvs Hand Sanitizer Sds, Bobby Guy Films,