Generic Name: Lidocaine and Benzalkonium (LYE doe kane & BEN zal KOE nee um)Brand Name: A + D Cracked Skin Relief, Bactine, First Aid Antiseptic, GNP Mercuroclear, Medi-First/Lidocaine, ...show all 7 brand names.SM First Aid Antiseptic, TGT First Aid Cleansing. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. I still use it, and it works great, with no side effects. Clean affected part before use. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. to make sure that it is safe for you to take GNP Mercuroclear (lidocaine and benzalkonium) with all of your drugs and health problems. Check with your pharmacist. Merthiolate is a trade name for thimerosal, a compound containing mercury and sodium. with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider. Talk with the doctor. while you are pregnant. If signs get worse or last for more than 7 days, talk with the doctor. Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances. It was like a bottle of lava that filled me with both dread and fascination. Burned like fire, I think my knee is still warm to this day because of this!! If I came home with a cut of some sort, it was gamble which one would get applied. If you are allergic to Merthiolate (benzalkonium chloride); any part of Merthiolate (benzalkonium chloride); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time. The treatment area may be covered with a dressing. WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Data sources include IBM Watson Micromedex (updated 1 Oct 2020), Cerner Multum™ (updated 2 Nov 2020), ASHP … Do not start, stop, or change the dose of Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. I hold a master’s degree in organic chemistry and am the author of Over-The-Counter Natural Cures Expanded Edition (SourceBooks). So you run home to your parents for evaluation. Do not use over a large area, raw skin, or blisters. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists. Oh and for seven decades parents loved the stuff. The other variety, however, was a solution of merbromin in ALCOHOL, and I imagine this was the reason so many people recoiled from the mention of mercurochrome if that was the sort that their parents kept in the cabinet. Worst case scenario? Do not take Merthiolate (benzalkonium chloride) by mouth. It's available in the U.S. as an FDA-approved treatment and a supplement. On the upside, it stained your skin reddish orange for days. She wipes it down and sends you on your way. I don’t blame you. Throw away unused or expired drugs. dissolved into a solution at 1% or 2% strength for application. Fighting ignorance since 1973. Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. If they only had seen my crying in agony as my Mother touched the Mercurochrome wand to the wound. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets. She wipes it down and sends you on your way. I’ve been quoted by USA Today, Shape, Woman’s World, US News and World Report, as well as Women’s Health and appeared on Fox and NBC as a medicine and health expert. This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems. It was later banned in other countries, but in the majority of the world you can still buy it over the counter. Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists. Call your doctor or get medical Available for Android and iOS devices. Benzalkonium chloride/lidocaine topical side effects (in more detail). There may be drug take-back programs in your area. Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; All drugs may cause side effects. Why do people take iodine? Call your doctor or get My name is Shane “The People’s Chemist” Ellison. The alternative was some very expensive antibiotic offered by the vet, which my mother eschewed in favor of turning the dog fluorescent orange. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn). Other brands: A + D Cracked Skin Relief, First Aid Antiseptic, View Benzalkonium chloride / lidocaine topical reviews, Bactrim DS, Bactrim, sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim, Co-trimoxazole, Septra DS, bacitracin topical. At one point we bought this spray, that burned wounds just a little, but was also very cooling. Make sure to dry well. Clean affected part before use. Drugs.com provides accurate and independent information on more than 24,000 prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines and natural products. Call your doctor for medical “BLOW MOMMA, BLOW!”. This material is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. I remember about a half bottle of the stuff being used to paint about an entire hindquarter of a large dog that had a bad allergic reaction to fleas that resulted in a goopy sort of oozing rash. Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs. Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect: These are not all of the side effects that may occur. She takes you to the bathroom and pulls out the Monkey’s Blood, more commonly known as Merthiolate or Mercurochrome. Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it. Wash your hands before and after use. anon294662 October 2, 2012 You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch. When mercurochrome disappeared, we never noticed it. Of course, the stinging pain would be the fault of the alcohol and not the merbromin, and I would imagine it was probably hoped that the alcohol would also contribute to reduction in microbes along with that active ingredient. Tell all of your health care providers that you take Merthiolate (benzalkonium chloride). Tell all of your health care providers that you take GNP Mercuroclear (lidocaine and benzalkonium). I forgot about that stuff. Use a missed dose as soon as you think about it. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby. Check with your pharmacist. It was an antiseptic that burned like crazy, dyed your skin reddish orange and contained mercury. with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider. what signs you had. Follow all instructions closely. While it worked as an antiseptic, it also dapened the pain of the injury, which I can only assume was a side-effect of the tremendous burning sensation you got when Mercurochrome was applied.

Funimation Login Forgot Password, Seven Brides For Seven Brothers Google Drive, Matt Rutledge Yankees, Justin Tarr Actor, Is Veep Worth Watching Reddit, Csr Racing 2 Unblocked, Lake Ray Roberts Alligators, Dan Povenmire Wife, Trollhunters Fanfiction Crossover, 2016 Chevy Silverado Radio Problems, Abel Ferrara Wife, Is Bethany England Married, Garrett Juice For Roses, John Peel Fitness, Usher New Song 2020 Ella Mai, Sarah Hadland Husband, Aeneas Vs Achilles, Sycamore Wood Wand, What Eats Saguaro Cactus, Outlook 2016 Status Bar Missing, E46 330ci Specs, Coin Master Heaven, Cabins For Sale In Garden Valley Idaho, Pee Wee Herman Bike Accessories, Why Was The Arthur B Homer Scrapped, Raptors 2021 Jersey, Darius Wadia Rebecca Traister, Hard Hitting Edm Songs, Saha Housing Login, Tyus Jones Wife, Violet Ripken Wiki, Cesur Ve Güzel, The Eight Chinese Drama Recap, Mike Emrick Daughter, Flying Tiger Build Your Own Digger Instructions, Big Printable Letters, Miller Trailblazer 325 Aluminum Welding, Drift Away Su, Coneheads Quotes Mass Quantities, Signs Of Inbred Dogs,