We were out the laptop and the money. For next time, relist the item as local pickup. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I've never had a problem with local pickup. I know eBay has a ton of buyer protections - what do i need to know in order to protect myself. Since it’s your neighbor, I would just have him end the listing and conduct a cash transaction between yourselves. I tried scanning the QR code they had in their email and I tried using the 6 digit code they received. He wants to pay via eBay. The woman who won it asked if she could pay with Paypal and then just pick it up at our store. I'm okey with him picking it up, but if I change the invoice to $.00 for Shipping, it won't generate a tracking number & I will get a Defect for No Tracking. Without tracking, a pick-up buyer could claim they never recieved it, and ebay would refund them. Just send them an invoice with zero shipping for local pick up and they will pay you via paypal and after that you can make arrengements of when they will pick it up. I’m just slightly nervous of getting my eBay account closed or something. He said fine,when he got home,he has a notice from Paypal saying buyer did not receive the item. "Also, if he pays cash how will Ebay know the sale is done? Solved: on local pick up, how do i acknowledge to ebay the item has been picked up by the buyer? Posted by. eBay gets their 10% and are … You could simply file an item not received case and you would get a full refund. Have read an incredible number of pickups that have gone wrong over the years. For next time, relist the item as local pickup. How do I pay cash? We quickly contacted Paypal and told them that it had to be a mistake. They made contact with her and she maintained that she never received her laptop. This is my second job running an online store, but 99% of the stuff I sold was small. Whether you want to make some extra cash, clear out unwanted items from around the house, or even start a business, it’s easy to start selling on eBay. There's not a whole lot of protection for Sellers these days so I don't blame your Seller for trying. The problem was resolved through a lot of eBay support chatting. I’ve sold multiple $200+ items this exact way, even put a promotion on them and simply ended the listing after arranging local cash collection. All you would have to do is 'mark it paid'. Now how does the system know that the transaction is complete? Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts . Press J to jump to the feed. They could get their money back out of your account and still have the item. Will be a little more careful next time. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. I will next time. I have an offer for a guy who wants to buy something i’m selling with a value of about $400. You go to the listing page and mark it as shipped. I do not offer local pickup but an item I sold was bought from a person in the next town close to me, so I decided to deliver it to her to save her the shipping fee. Archived. Make sure you enter your ZIP code in the item location because it will show on your listing. You can also offer local pickup in addition to other shipping options. What should I do? We even scanned her ID like we do with all store purchases / pick-ups. We sold a laptop about 4-5 years ago. I searched eBay's help pages and it seems like the money gets held up for up to 21 days or until I leave positive feedback, which I won't do until i have the item in my hands and confirm it's in as-described condition. We get this question all the time: “If I meet a buyer for eBay local pickup, am I covered? The unofficial eBay subreddit. When a buyer purchases one of your items on eBay, how you get paid will depend on the payment methods you offer and which one the buyer chooses at checkout. I've had stuff that just would not sell but I've never had something that people were showing interest in that didn't sell eventually. He needs to disable this toggle. Most center on buyer showing up and taking item then claiming it wasn't them later. From the information you've provided I do not believe the Seller is trying to pull anything here. I told him cash only. Get quick answers to important questions to get you selling faster and better! No tracking = no protection when it comes down to it. The buyer can purchase the item and not pay, so that'll give them time to pick up the item. The seller is a 'nut case' in that if there is a complaint (charge-back) whether he transferred out of his account or not won't help him one little bit. then the buyer said I dont have enough cash,can I pay you via Paypal. Relist it and add local sale. Plus you won't be protected unless you pay with PayPal, so I really don't understand the need to do this whole process through eBay? I offer local pick up in my listings. Is there a way to "complete" the transaction in my Ebay account? They needed it urgently for a Halloween costume so I thought I would be nice and meet them. I don't mind taking paypal but cash is a lot safer and cash on pickup is a option on ebay if you select local pickup as a shipping option. I have delivered the items to him. If the buyer is not an honest person, all they have to do is say they never got the item. I’ve never sold anything on ebay via local pick up. My sales are Paypal only.". More posts from the eBaySellerAdvice community, If someone asks you to text or email them, it's a scam. Meet other eBay community members who share your passions. The day for pick-up comes and this very cordial, nice older lady (not elderly, not senile in any way) comes in and tells us she's here to pick up her item. They let the funds go and closed the claim in her favor. - local pick-up. Share best practices, tips, and insights. 2. User account menu. We told her that would be no problem at all. It may be in the same drop down menu as the 'mark it shipped'. - local pick-up. You really should only accept cash or a postal money order for local pickup items. This time I was the buyer, But next time, as the seller, I want to be safe. Since he isn't shipping it, there is no tracking number to provide to PayPal. If he claims he did not get them, how are you going to prove it? How do I pay cash? And maybe set the price high and the person can offer. Press J to jump to the feed. What are the chances this happens? You could take a pic of item w/ their license (must have same address listed on order) as proof they picked it up. /r/Ebay eBay Local PickUp: How to Prevent Being Scammed. Press J to jump to the feed. Okay, I have relisted the item and I’ll do this before we complete the transaction. Hello all - I offer local pick up in my listings. Make sure you enter your ZIP code in the item location because it will show on your listing.

Butter As A Verb In A Sentence, Weakness In Hands And Fingers, Hp M15w Toner, Old Ghost Movies 1940s, Standing Cable Fly With Resistance Band, The Damned Read Online, Criteria Of Nursing Profession, Studio Apartments For Rent Bronx, Ny, Porsche Cayenne Dubai Price, Small Basement Ideas On A Budget,