Giannis just did it.#MambaMentality pic.twitter.com/kGPhq5O67m, — KENNat be Borrow One (@KENNdyMann) June 25, 2019, @Giannis_An34 MVP from nothing to GREATNESS #inspirational ✊Rags to riches, — Mr.Marcelin (@marcelin_mr) June 25, 2019, I just cried my eyes out I don’t even care, I love you @Giannis_An34 #MVP, — Keith Henschel Jr (@TheRealKeithJr) June 25, 2019, — Jackson Didlake (@diidlake) June 25, 2019, Congrats Giannis!!! IT and Network Administrator / Tech Support. June 24, 2019 11:38 pm. The 24-year-old beat out James Harden and Paul George to win the award, delivering a moving speech as he accepted the trophy. “Two years ago I had this goal in my head, that I was going to be the best player in the league. And if you have a good parent, your parent sees the future for you and she always saw the future in us and she always believed in us, she was always there for us. Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own. Now, with a potential free agency in the midst, Antetokounmpo told people what his decision will probably be. Below is the complete transcript from his acceptance speech and what others had to say as well. It was a seemingly close race heading down the stretch of the season as Harden played out of his mind on the offensive end of the court. ", Giannis got emotional as he paid tribute to his family while accepting the #KiaMVP trophy. It takes more than one person to win 60 games. For now, let's take time to appreciate the greatness of Antetokounmpo. Not many of them have been made official just yet, so we don't know if some of these will actually be worn. The contract extension will make it difficult for the Bucks to navigate their roster, but that's a different story for a different day. Antetokounmpo tearfully expressed his love for his brothers, but became even more emotional when discussing his father, who passed away suddenly on Sept. 29, 2017, following a heart attack at the age of 53. You guys are my ride or die, my role models, I look up to you guys. “I want to thank my dad. SANTA MONICA, CALIFORNIA - JUNE 24: (L-R) Giannis Antetokounmpo accepts the Kia NBA Most Valuable ... [+] Player award from NBA Commissioner Adam Silver onstage during the 2019 NBA Awards presented by Kia on TNT at Barker Hangar on June 24, 2019 in Santa Monica, California. #ThisIsMyCrew | #FearTheDeer pic.twitter.com/rQanDhLNea, — Milwaukee Brewers (@Brewers) June 25, 2019, From undiscovered gem to NBA MVP. “I want to thank the coaching staff for teaching us, pushing us every day, every single day believing in us, teaching us what it takes to win… I want to thank the city of Milwaukee, I want to thank my countries Greece and Nigeria for always supporting me,” the basketball great concluded. Below is the complete transcript from his acceptance speech and what others had to say as well. The Milwaukee Bucks gave their hometown fans the chance to celebrate the Kia MVP season of Giannis Antetokounmpo at a rally in downtown Milwaukee on Sunday. Giannis Antetokounmpo really nailed it with his acceptance speech upon winning NBA MVP on Monday night. She is my hero," Antetokounmpo said. ", I asked @Giannis_An34 how Kobe motivated him with that MVP tweet said It sparked the flame. The 24-year-old Antetokounmpo spoke at MVP! I bring the game to you and. The deal would be worth $247.3 million over five years and would be the largest contract extension in NBA history according to Bobby Marks. You were always so quiet, but I could tell you were about the team first. This is Antetokounmpo’s second in a row. He's eligible to sign the extension next summer, but it wouldn't go into effect until his contract expires in 2021. I'm going to do whatever it takes to make that happen." Warriors point guard Stephen Curry took center stage Tuesday as he accepted his second consecutive NBA MVP award. Full story: https://bit.ly/2XtZRux. Nearly two years Kobe Bryant was handing out challenges to NBA players. Every day that I step on the floor I always think of my dad and that motivates me and pushes me to play harder and move forward.”. Then, the 24-year-old took a moment to speak to his four brothers, who also had emotional reactions to their brother's acceptance speech. If there's anything we know about the Greek Freak, it's that when he sets his mind on something he usually gets it. I cover the Milwaukee Bucks as a contributor for Forbes Sports and BrewHoop. Even when my body’s sore, even when I don’t feel like playing, I’m always going to show up and I’m always going to do the right thing,” he told the enraptured audience at the awards. She always saw the future in us, she always believed in us. But fans are still coming with their takes — most of them are getting roasted. You’re my true hero.”, “I want to thank the front office, the ownership for believing (in) me when I was 18 years old back in Greece,” Antetokounmpo said, repeating the line twice so that the audience would understand as he fought back tears. He had a warning to the rest of the league during his acceptance speech on … MVP! His 941 total points beat out the reigning MVP James Harden by a significant margin. Next up: Championship. NBA Commissioner Adam Silver presents Giannis Antetokounmpo with the Kia NBA Most Valuable Player award on June 24, 2019 in Santa Monica, California. Antetokounmpo has been receiving praise from many basketball and sports legends on social media. 2 years ago, @kobebryant challenged @Giannis_An34 to win MVP. Thank you for everything you guys do for me. Please select your default edition US Your default site has been set for 7 days Speaks on his father as well. With that being said, there are new NBA alternate jerseys that various teams across the league will allegedly wear for next season. Your default site has been set for 7 days, https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/NBA_Global_CMS_image_storage/e1/58/giannis_af7x3olf1nfi11nurdyew0qkr.jpg?t=-1930015381&w=500&quality=80. Giannis Antetokounmpo accepts the Kia NBA Most Valuable Player award onstage during the 2019 NBA Awards on June 24, 2019 in Santa Monica, California. Greatness. Antetokounmpo Puzzled as Shaq Tries to Congratulate him in Greek, Debbie Matenopoulos Talks “Home & Family” Show, Greek Heritage and New Cookbook, New Greek Freak Video Looks Back on Antetokounmpo’s Childhood in Greece, John DeDakis Talks ‘The Situation Room,’ New Book and Digital Age, ‘The Bay,’ starring Kristos Andrews, Wins 2020 Emmy for Best Digital Drama Series, American Rapper Ja Rule Films Commercial for Greek-American Restaurant, GOP’s Nicole Malliotakis Declares Victory in New York Congressional Race, Greek-American Charlie Crist Reelected to House in Florida, Greek-American John Sarbanes Reelected to US House in Maryland, Greek American Gus Bilirakis Reelected to US House in Florida. “My dad is not here with me” he noted on Charles Antetokounmpo that passed away in 2017. Most importantly though, Antetokounmpo thanked three major players in his life — his late father, who passed away in September 2017 at age 54, his four brothers and his mother. Every time I walk into the locker room, I saw my teammates, they were ready to go, to fight, they were ready to go to war with me.”. #NBAAwards pic.twitter.com/T8p5XH73cZ. My goal is to win a championship. You know I love you guys. Giannis Antetokounmpo gave a heartfelt speech honouring his family as he accepted his MVP trophy. My goal is to win a championship and we're going to do whatever we can to make that happen. The Greek Freak collected 78 out of a possible 101 first-place votes and 23 more second-place votes. She always saw the future in us, she always believed in us, she was always there for us. Robert Littal, editor-in-chief of Black Sports Online, also wrote in a Twitter post, pointing out that Bryant was part of Antetokounmpo's motivation to become the league's most valuable player in the first place. She’s the foundation of this family. Giannis Antetokounmpo took home the NBA MVP trophy on Monday, and he probably also won over the hearts of everybody watching at home with an emotional acceptance speech. My goal is to win a championship and I am going to do whatever it takes to make that happen.”. (NBA Getty Images) She's the foundation of this family. “I want to thank my team. Some are good, some are bad and some just look like joints you could buy from the vendor with the stand... NBA agents were very much so in their feelings after Rich Paul hosted an Pro Day for Anthony Edwards and Tyrese Maxey as they prepare for the NBA draft. His mother, Veronica, stood proudly close to the stage as she listened to her son call her his “hero.”, “I want to thank my amazing Mom,” he said. He got emotional during his speech while speaking about his later father and how he plays every day for his dad: Giannis got emotional as he paid tribute to his family while accepting the #KiaMVP trophy. Da'Vonne Rogers a favorite to win America's Favorite Houseguest on Big Brother, Who’s playing in the NBA All-Star Game 2020? Please check your email for a confirmation. This defensive ability also led him to be voted second in the Defensive Player of the Year race. CTRL + SPACE for auto-complete. What a journey its been for Giannis pic.twitter.com/GIYg8jcPat, — Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) June 25, 2019, MVP! That motivated me and pushed me … In his sixth season with the Bucks, Antetokounmpo averaged career-highs in points, rebounds and assists, posting 27.7 points, 12.5 rebounds, 5.9 assists and 1.5 blocks per game and was named to the all-defensive first team and was a unanimous selection to the All-NBA first team. At the end of his speech, Antetokounmpo remarked, “At the end of the day, this is just the beginning. "You guys are my role models man, I look up to you guys. All Rights Reserved, This is a BETA experience. June 24, 2019 11:38 pm. pic.twitter.com/ys2pQ56VFm. It takes more than one person to win sixty games. https://t.co/27xaorgE70, — Nicole Woods (@CoachNWoods) June 25, 2019, I love this speech ! #MambaMentality https://t.co/dhZTFI1Aam, Kobe Bryant wrote on Twitter, "My man....M.V.P. I bring the game to you and am able to tell stories about the Bucks using analytics and video in order to help you become a smarter fan.

Birds Attack 2020, Word Swipe Answers, Carter Reum Daughter, Dj Hero Turntable Hack, Islands 5307 Ireland, Sephirot Ffxiv Lyrics, Awra Tagalog Meaning, Beaufort County Court Docket, Liopleurodon Size Comparison To Megalodon, Diesel Fuel Types, Red Dead Online Bank Heist Payout, Is Laff Tv Available On Roku, Cara Siesta Key Net Worth, Softshell Turtle Georgia, Fixed Profit 1x2, Queen Of The Damned Meaning, トランプ大統領 通訳 日本人, West Ham Under 5s, Apple Director Salary, Ground Pork Price Per Pound, First Fps Game, Mark Talley Jamie Foxx, Gtfo Game Syringe, Matt Buschmann Career Earnings,