Note: The technical information on this website related to the Gibraltar mine has been reviewed by Scott Jones, P.Eng., Vice President, Engineering of Taseko and a Qualified Person under National Instrument 43-101. Taseko restarted Gibraltar in 2004. Compliance Oversight Several provincial agencies work together to provide integrated oversight of British Columbia’s mines. See Gibraltar –, Located in a mining-friendly and low-risk jurisdiction, The second largest open pit copper mine in Canada and fourth largest in North America, Life of Mine average annual production of 140 million lbs of copper and 2.6 million lbs of molybdenum (100% basis), Large Proven and Probable Reserve of 667 M tons grading 0.26% Cu and 0.008% Mo with 3.0 billion lbs of recoverable copper and 53 million lbs of molybdenum, Replacement value in excess of $1 billion. Master of Engineering students at the NBK Institute of Mining Engineering have a specially tailored orientation program to provide a wide-ranging overview and introduction to Canada’s mining industry, UBC and Vancouver. Still listed as the most dangerous industry in developing economies such as India and China, mining is connected to distinctive accidents such as cave-ins and chemical leakage. Orientation Program: The Mining Industry – Intensive Introduction. Up until 2001, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics listed mining as their most dangerous industry for the workers involved, but this has now been outranked by work in industrial fishing, roofing and aircraft-related work… Domestic Students – $3500 (Includes August Portion Only). At the end of Term 2, MEng students undertake a major field trip to more distant Canadian mines. Taseko's is the owner (75%) and operator of the Gibraltar copper-molybdenum mine, located in south-central British Columbia, the second largest open pit copper mine in Canada and the largest employer in the Cariboo region. In the months of June and July, prior to arrival, students will complete several online courses hosted by our partner, … We BROWZwill be inviting you to participate in one of twoinformation session sto further discuss the prequalification process and answer your questions. Upon arrival in early August, students have an orientation session at the Institute, a tour of the UBC campus, and a welcome lunch. Master of Engineering students at the NBK Institute of Mining Engineering have a specially tailored orientation program to provide a wide-ranging overview and introduction to Canada’s mining industry, UBC and Vancouver. 114 0 obj <>stream Registration is free. During field trips all accommodation, food and transportation costs are covered. Please search below to see if your company is registered, if not you will be prompted to re-register/update your information. Mines visited in past field trips include: All fees and transportation costs are covered by the MEng Activity Fee. endstream endobj startxref This site is designed as an orientation course and can be used as an individual study course. The Orientation Program is optional for students with UBC mining engineering degrees. Authorizations Environmental assessment certificates and permits issued under the Mines Act and Environmental Management Act. Over the next few weeks, students also take several short courses with NBK Institute faculty members, in addition to meeting with safety representatives and UBC’s Engineering Co-op Office. ContractorOrientation.com is a dedicated database and website for contractors. Contractor Orientation Company Locator Form. From 2006 until 2012, the Company invested ~$700 million to expand and modernize the operation which was originally scheduled for demolition when the Company acquired it in 1999. We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us. endstream endobj 80 0 obj <>/Metadata 2 0 R/PageLayout/OneColumn/Pages 77 0 R/StructTreeRoot 6 0 R/Type/Catalog>> endobj 81 0 obj <>/ExtGState<>/Font<>/XObject<>>>/Rotate 0/StructParents 0/Type/Page>> endobj 82 0 obj <>stream 0 See Gibraltar – Reserves & Resources for further information. In the months of June and July, prior to arrival, students will complete several online courses hosted by our partner, EduMine. %PDF-1.5 %���� Students will tour select attractions in Vancouver and visit the head offices of Vancouver-based mining companies. The orientation of mining contractors to reach the necessary level of safety, varies significantly from country to country. @��HVH���i �&}&F�{@#E�ƅ� �y> The information session will be held s via WebEx on Feb 25thand 26th. Copyright © 2020 Taseko Mines Limited All rights reserved. Norman B. Keevil Institute of Mining Engineering, Laboratory for Research in Advanced Rock Engineering, The Mineral Resources Biosystems Laboratory (MRBL), BC Museum of Mining and EPCOR Britannia Mine Water Treatment Plant Discovery Centre. Headquartered in Vancouver, Taseko operates the state-of-the-art Gibraltar Mine, the second largest copper mine in Canada, with a nearly 700 person workforce producing an average of 140 million pounds of copper and 2.5 million pounds of molybdenum per year. %%EOF Three graduate level credits are given for the academic portion of the orientation. Effective May 1. st, Taseko/Gibraltar will require contractors who do business with the company to register with . The following web-site has been designed for you, your employees, and your sub-contractors to obtain your orientation for Contractor Safety and Security Photo ID Badges while working on these properties. After learning about mine closure and acid rock drainage, students visit the BC Museum of Mining and EPCOR Britannia Mine Water Treatment Plant Discovery Centre. 79 0 obj <> endobj From September until April MEng students participate in academic conferences, industrial lunches and dinners and field trips. h��V[o�6�+|LPd�(���"��ĩ�� �l)f�A��D�m��������8��=�. In early September, students are required to make a presentation and produce a report on a mine or mining company to demonstrate a solid understanding of basic mining principles. Taseko Mines is a dynamic and growing mining company focused on the operation and development of mines in North America. h�b``b``*a ���P#�0p4 � A1C?��`�p��W�ƃL�,�4x00/g�q^ʸ"r� FM{��,Yp�X�.ADU �� Legislation Learn about the key statutes and regulations that apply to mining activities in British Columbia. You must be registered on this site. 99 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<153460E313010145A0085164B520AE97><143CC8C1A7EBAC4D8394345E9E9FF937>]/Index[79 36]/Info 78 0 R/Length 95/Prev 43965/Root 80 0 R/Size 115/Type/XRef/W[1 2 1]>>stream Taseko restarted Gibraltar in 2004. At the end of the orientation period, students undertake an extensive field trip to several major BC mining operations, followed by an industry networking night. h�bbd``b`�$AD1�`]$���$�X5 V4�HqW�X ����iS! Contractor Orientation Stream-Flo Group of Companies Contractor Safety Orientation Before arriving at a Stream-Flo Group of Companies (Stream-Flo and Master Flo) worksite, you must have viewed the Contractor Safety Orientation Program video, acknowledged that you understand the Contractor Safety Program requirements and agree to follow those requirements. Taseko's is the owner (75%) and operator of the Gibraltar copper-molybdenum mine, located in south-central British Columbia, the second largest open pit copper mine in Canada and the largest employer in the Cariboo region. Note: The technical information on this website related to the Gibraltar mine has been reviewed by Scott Jones, P.Eng., Vice President, Engineering of Taseko and a Qualified Person under National Instrument 43-101.

Replace Glass Panel In Door With Wood, Ohana Festival 2021 Lineup, Hayward Sp3400vsp Pump Stalled, Ualbany Covid Cases, Leap Year Program In Java Using Ternary Operator,