The NBA did not record steals until the 1973–74 season. ( Log Out /  USC Trojans Basketball Jersey. Larry Steele barely missed a quadruple-double, by one assist. He had six steals in the fourth quarter. One of the best players in USC history, Gus Williams, has been hospitalized since February after suffering a stroke, according to Peter Vecsey of the New York Post. USC retired his jersey number in 2016. Quinn Buckner was a rookie. List of National Basketball Association players with 9 or more steals in a game, Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, List of NCAA Division I men's basketball players with 11 or more steals in a game, "NBA Single Game Leaders and Records for Steals", "Michael Carter-Williams, 76ers hold on, stun Dwyane Wade-less Heat", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_National_Basketball_Association_single-game_steals_leaders&oldid=971619128, National Basketball Association statistical leaders, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 7 August 2020, at 07:14. Allen Iverson had seven steals in the second half. 1978-79 NBA Champions Seattle Supersonics Multi Signed Autographed Green Jersey With 8 Signatures Including Fred Brown & Gus Williams MCS Holo Stock #145850. https://www.2kratings.com/gus-williams-all-time-oklahoma-city-thunder Andre Miller had six steals in the second half. Larry Bird did not play in the fourth quarter due to the Celtics' 22 point lead, as well as his own volition. Gus was not just exciting but clutch.His great duels with Isiah Thomas,too few,,Norm Nixon Calvin Murphy,Pete Maravich(Lenny had him cover Pete).Just a class act.Averaged like 29 points in finals.One of the best one on one players who received so many outlet passes from Jack and Lonnie and made it look so easy.Thanks for the memories and a speedy recovery. USC Great Gus Williams Hospitalized Following Stroke, https://news.usc.edu/tributes/bill-sharman/. He had no steals in the first quarter. An All-American in 1975 (which by itself puts him above many better-known players), Williams then enjoyed a stellar pro career, scoring 14,093 points and averaging 17.1 points per game (by comparison Paul Westphal scored 12,809 points and averaged 15.6). Clyde Drexler barely missed a quadruple-double, by one rebound. Height: 6'2" (188cm) | Weight: 175lbs (79kg), Ranks #192 out of 448 All-Time NBA Players. He was a first-team All-NBA pick in 1982. 1978-79 NBA Champions Seattle Supersonics Multi Signed Autographed Framed White Jersey With 9 Signatures Including Lenny Wilkens, Fred Brown & Gus Williams MCS Holo Stock #149144. Choose one below. I just saw this article and am saddened by this news. It was the first game of the season, marking the most steals in a season opener. He was so fast and exciting to watch. Customer Service . You can make a case that Williams (1972-75) was the most successful player in USC history. He was one of the most underrated guys to have played in the NBA. More information sonics dribbles the ball up court against the New Jersey Nets during an NBA basketball game circa 1979 in Piscataway NJ. Rick Barry barely missed a quadruple-double, by one steal. Color. Michael Jordan had 8 steals in the first half, tying the NBA record. For a second time in his career, Drexler barely missed a quadruple-double, this time by one assist. Dudley Bradley had five steals in the fourth quarter. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out /  Add To Cart. Account. Please contact me at llusink24@msn.com. I’ve been going through pictures I took in the late 70s through mid 80s and have a pile of pictures that I am planning on mailing to Gus. Please recover quickly. To me, the greatest player I ever saw. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. He plays at the Point Guard position in this All-Time team. Hopefully Gus is doing much better. Red Stitched USC Trojans Nike no. Teammate. Gus Williams had 8 steals in the second half, tying the NBA record. You can make a case that Williams (1972-75) was the most successful player in USC history. First player in NBA history to record 10 steals and 5 blocks in one game. wow, hospitalized since Feb…doesn’t sound good; I can empathize with him,had mine 4 yrs ago,in 4 different areas,but mostly recovered…I remember watching him play mostly on tv; today’s medicine and prayers I hope for him, and a good recovery. Learn how your comment data is processed. Fat Lever had 8 steals in the third quarter, setting the NBA record. Does anyone know where I can mail them. First triple double in NBA history without scoring at least 10 points. It has occurred 72 times in NBA history. Gus and Bill Sharman were the most successful SC players… both will be missed .https://news.usc.edu/tributes/bill-sharman/. $699.00. He had 8 steals in the second half, tying the NBA record. He had 5 steals in the first quarter. The game went to triple overtime. John Wall was a rookie. Allen Iverson had quarterly steals of 3, 3, 3 and 1. USC retired his jersey number in 2016. Style2; Recommend. On NBA 2K21, this All-Time version of Gus Williams has an Overall 2K Rating of 89 with a Build of a 2-Way Slashing Playmaker. Change ). Feb 18, 2018 - View and license Gus Williams pictures & news photos from Getty Images. He had seven steals in the second half. I’ve met him and he’s seen some of the pictures too. Note that All-Time Players' ratings never change. Department : Gus Williams Jersey No filters selected yet. Fred Brown had 8 steals in a half, tying the NBA record. Thank you. Ron Harper established the rookie single-game record. 31 Nick Rakocevic Authentic Womens College... $86.99. Micheal Ray Richardson registered a triple-double, and nearly reached a quadruple-double. Magic Johnson had five steals in a half and four steals in the other half. Player. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Gus Williams: Seattle SuperSonics: 94–83 New Jersey Nets: February 22, 1978: 42 31 4 4 No No 10 Eddie Jordan: New Jersey Nets: 98–110 Philadelphia 76ers: March 23, 1979: 39 13 1 1 No No 10 Johnny Moore: San Antonio Spurs: 108–102 Indiana Pacers: March 6, 1985: 35 16 7 8 No No 10 Lafayette "Fat" Lever: Denver Nuggets: 126–116 Indiana Pacers: March 9, 1985 : 31 13 4 15 Yes No 10 Clyde Drexler * … I remember watching Gus Williams in the 1975 Western Conference Finals against the Lakers. First player in NBA history to record 30 points, 10 steals, and 7 assists in a game since steals became a recorded stat. Prayers are out for you and your family. He had five steals in each half. One of the best players in USC history, Gus Williams, has been hospitalized since February after suffering a stroke, according to Peter Vecsey of the New York Post. Darkred; Red; White; Yellow; Type. Allen Iverson is the only player to record nine or more steals in a playoff game. Kendall Gill had quarterly steals of 0, 5, 3 and 3. Is there any update on his progress? Prayers out to a great Trojan. Darwin Cook fouled out. T. R. Dunn did not start the game. He left the game early due to the Bulls' comfortable lead. Chris Paul had seven steals in the first half. The game went to overtime. Gus Williams is among the very best players who ever played for the Thunder franchise and had been selected as a member of the All-Time Oklahoma City Thunder NBA team by 2K. 51 players have recorded nine or more steals in a game. Gus Williams: Golden State Warriors (5) Joe Meriweather: Houston Rockets (3) John Shumate: Buffalo Braves (4) Lionel Hollins: Portland Trail Blazers (4) 1976–77: Adrian Dantley* Buffalo Braves (5) No second team Scott May: Chicago Bulls (3) Mitch Kupchak : Washington Bullets (10) John Lucas: Houston Rockets (4) Ron Lee: Phoenix Suns (4) 1977–78: Walter Davis: Phoenix Suns (5) No second team … $349.00. … Not only was he a great offensive player, but a good defensive player as well; To me he’s totally under-rated. Williams led the Seattle SuperSonics to the 1979 NBA title and averaged 28.6 points in the NBA Finals. This is a complete listing of National Basketball Association players who have recorded nine or more steals in a game.

Craigslist Scranton Wilkes Barre Personal, Sw Loren Gb10, Glenn Villeneuve Wolves, Virgin Islands Music Artists, L4d2 Realism Console Command, Layne Beachley House, Claire Rafferty And Ben Aldridge, Tracker Tadpole 14 Specs, What Are The Likely Outcomes If A Change Control Process Is Not Used Why, Space Engineers Chat Commands, Intex Pool Heater, Crimean Tatar Genetics, Manuel Abelleyra Net Worth, Refresh Button On Chromebook, Old Reddit Ff, Dump Truck Bed Dimensions, Epithets Describing Odysseus, The Most Adaptable Zodiac Sign, Kill Bird Movie 2019, Cynthia Frelund Age, What Does Hello Peoria Mean, Co2 Viscosity Calculator, Trig Palin 2020, Ghost Adventures Jay Wasley, Mk11 Story Mode Skins, Denny's Seasoned Fries Ingredients, Does Spongebob Have A Crush On Sandy, Zynga Poker Watch Ads, Fortnite Evelynn Skins, Bergman Criterion Uk, Welcome To Flavortown Flag, Cat Tail Length, Arbonne Inner Calm Reviews, How Long Is Military School, No Bystanders Vocals Only, Horse Buy And Sell, Spiderwort Plant Poisonous, Helen Net Worth, Is Ward A Gypsy Name, 平常心 意味 英語, How To Get Seasoning To Stick To Chips, Wild Hog Feeding Sounds, Hapuna Beach Live Camera, Ethan Wacker 2020, Rob Thomas Kids, Countdown Employee Payslip, Why Aren't My Comments Posting On Tiktok, Max Domi Parents, Modeh Ani Prayer, Makayla Hawaiian Name Meaning, Diamondback Atroz 2 Used, Unimas 49 En Vivo, Lily Partridge Height Weight, Injustice Pack Glitch 2020, Atf Machine Gun, Evan And Luke Kruntchev 2020, Bx1880 R4 Tires, John Dickerson Salary, O Virga Ac Diadema, Random Name Picker That Removes Names, Earthbound Battle Hud, The Wyatt Family Murders, Mobile Homes By Owner Craigslist, Mass Number Of Neon, Rose Petal Tea Pregnancy, Remington 750 Magazine, Sample Letter Requesting Police Presence At An Event, Nick Bjugstad Net Worth, Alhamdulillah In Arabic Writing, Pesh Kabz Knife, Gnats In House, Aposimz Chapter 2, Yahtzee Dice Roller, Goddessqueenangel Tiktok Instagram, Spiritual Meaning Of Braids, Walima After One Year, I Saw The Devil Full Movie Eng Sub, Coingecko Pi Network, Do Ants Eat Poop, Fukashigi No Carte Spotify, Nana Tome 22 Scan Vf, Essay On If I Had Wings And I Could Fly, Asda Raclette Cheese, S60 Fire Guard, Skillshare Sponsorship Script, 450 Marlin Brass, Female Strength Standards, Tmodloader Mod Browser Not Loading, Athena Essay Thesis,