But none did it in a more seismic way than KRS-One. We're like one of those classic famous teams. & Rakim's "Paid in Full" (Verse 1). Released on Thanksgiving, the two clearly were not able to make the mark of getting the theme project out on the preferred holiday, but when you give the project a listen that becomes something you immediately forget. Be the first to receive exciting news, features, and special offers from Bodybuilding.com! Jadakiss steps onto this track with a ruthless vibe, making light of the recent Tory Lanez and Megan Thee Stallion incident. Artist: Jay-Z From: DJ Khaled's "I Got Keys" (Verse 2) There really isn't much to add here. It lets you know where his emotions stand. Hip hop was something more than just a fad. From: Kanye West's "Diamonds From Sierra Leone (Remix)" (Verse 3). Has their ever been a more iconic line in the history of New York rap than Raekwon's opening to Wu-Tang Clan's legendary track? 2:32. Yeah I sampled your voice, you were using it wrong. But there was always a sense of poetry in what she was saying. And how this national anthem ain’t worth my ovation? It's hard to go against the idea of money. This is another technique where you can use commonly used phrases to your advantage. But it's clear we're hearing the work of a genius right from the start. From: Public Enemy's "Fight the Power" (Verse 3). This one ranks atop the list of lines that seem like they should be cringe-worthy...if it weren't sadly 100 percent true. Why Saweetie will stay at the top of our feeds, Who is Druski? As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent." We can't help but feel like it was written hastily. From: Marley Marl's "The Symphony" (Verse 4). “Sometimes the ones clapping for you ain’t happy for you Thought they was rooting for you, really shooting for you”, “They killing to follow, I’m dying to lead”, “I be having dreams of my niggas winning, every one of them.”. It's simply a young emcee stating, in as impactful away as possible, how he isn't to be messed with. On, arguably, the greatest posse cut of all time, Big Daddy Kane steals the show with a classic from old-school hip hop that still holds up today. We can't help but feel like it was written hastily. Kool G. Rap's verse on "The Realest" is one of the greatest guest appearances in hip hop history. How much Tupac in you, you got?" The entire verse is fire. It’s an Icy Girl takeover! From: Main Source's "Live at the Barbeque" (Verse 1). Also of note: It's one of few verses from Pusha that doesn't feature one line about drugs. It's more a powerful warning that everyone that a man has his limits. I ain’t gon never make you feel sleezy. - Lou Holtz. 2. You can add in the extension "'Cause ain't nothing' but sweat inside my hand." There really isn't much to add here. Some of Nas' lyrics are so poetic you think he was quoting some great philosopher. From: Dr. Dre's "Nuthin' But a G Thang" (Verse 3). It's because of lines like this that embody the Scarface mentality hip hop was obsessed with. So why not take the most celebrated white musician in music history and use him to express just how different the black experience is? © 2020 Advance Local Media LLC. Love him or hate him, you'll always want to know what he has to say. "Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips" has an interesting history. Jadakiss, Migos, Boosie, Problem, Bow Wow, Sonny Digital, Honorable C.N.O.T.E. How are Polish artists fighting for their abortion rights? 43. On a track also featuring a great verse from KRS-One, it's Masta Ace who sums up the pride of Black America at a time when one of their own was sitting on top of the country. Of all the ways known hip-hop icon Uncle Phil shows up in punchlines, this has to be one of the best. Out of the hottest bars on the project, Fabolous really out-barred Jadakiss. The opening lines to Prodigy's manifesto as a solo artist are vicious. From: Puff Daddy & The Family's "All About The Benjamins" (Verse 4). Attitude determines how well you do it. Dreamdoll does her thing on the second verse, matching Jadakiss' energy with heavy punchlines. From: Mobb Deep's "The Realest" (Verse 1). From: Gang Starr's "The Militia" (Verse 3). From: Outkast's "Elevators (Me & You)" (Verse 4). Lauryn Hill could spit harsh rhymes with the best of them. “You could name practically any problem in the hood and there’d be a rap song for you.” ― Jay-Z, Decoded. But also we leaned towards lyrics so iconic, they've become pop culture fixtures. (Determination)". Jay-Z hijacks Kanye West's "Diamonds From Sierra Leone (Remix)" and delivers one of his most iconic lines that seems to get more relevant as time goes on. The thing is, he hasn’t. Lil Pump Faces Backlash for Trump Support, Rappers Claiming They're Better Than Another Artist, Denzel Curry Says Travis Scott Has a Funky Attitude, President Trump Says 'We Won,' Going to Supreme Court to Stop Lat…, Election Protection Hotline Sees Surge Over Alleged Voter Intimidation, Americans Stressing Over Election Turn to Meditation for Relief, 'Tiger King' Stars Jeff and Lauren Lowe Weighing Sex Tape Offers, NFL's Tre Boston Gets Diamond #33 Pendants For Whole Family, Even Baby…. I have been Michael's number two guy for about five years, and we make a great team. There's a reason his debut "Reasonable Doubt" is held in such high regard. - Arnold Schwarzenegger. I'm convinced now that more then truth is at stake, "The mind is the limit. Yet, it's also the perfect opener to N.W.A. “I’m the one that make it real easy, for you to just drop’em like he hot, like he Lil’ Weezy. Voter suppression laws disproportionately impact people of color. Jason Terrance Phillips (born May 27, 1975), better known by his stage name Jadakiss, is an American rapper. 43. The man who has become hip hop's first billionaire is truly a business in himself. But on "Hail Mary," there's less of an overreaching swagger. I don’t care what anybody wants to see. As far as hip hop introductions go, it doesn't get better than Nas on "Live at the Barbeque." – Eminem. But he's a heck of a lyricist, especially when it comes to being vulnerable and capturing the human condition, and our obsession with unattainable wealth or social status. From: "Step Into a World (Rapper's Delight)" (Verse 1), Many rappers have claimed to be the greatest. "Guess Who's Back" was a comeback of sorts and the first first he lets listeners know just how long he's been the greatest lyricist in hip hop. From: Mobb Deep's "Survival of the Fittest" (Verse 1). It might seem weird to feature an R&B artist on this list, but the swagger is real. It's the kind of line that can (and has) spawned think pieces. Lauryn Hill might be the most underrated rap artist of all time for the simple fact that she belongs in your top 10 and the only reason she isn't there is because she's a woman. Sorting through what I believe is the project’s hottest bars, we’ll see who comes out on top. I want to kick his ass. Ability is what you're capable of doing. He was just better at punchlines than virtually everyone who ever did it. Public Enemy's revolutionary music needed to be a shock to the system. Jadakiss, "Freestyle (Fuck Beanie Sigel)" Year: 2001 Target: Beanie Sigel Brutal Bars: "Niggas can't stand you Sigel/Your flow is mine anyway, so don't bite the hand that feeds you." Sorting through what I believe is the project’s hottest bars, we’ll see who comes out on top. With Outkast seemingly on top of the world as one of, if not the best group in hip-hop, Andre 3000 used the fourth verse on "Elevators" to remind everyone where things really stood in terms of their grind. 's controversial song could rank in this spot. Wordplay: tie..sorry couldn't choose. (Verse 1). No, I'm like Butch Cassidy and Michael is like Mozart. Rappers like Drake seemingly create verses around punchlines that are destined for Instagram captions. Metaphors: Jadakiss. From: Wu-Tang Clan's "C.R.E.A.M." It's unforgettable line, once you get it, which many listeners don't at first. This is as much about delivery as anything else. But the mainstream world only heard the line on the finale track of West's debut album "College Dropout" when he recounts the story of his career. There isn't much to dig into when it comes to classic Big L lines, which could fill a list like this. Great players. Because the two are highly praised for their pen, as well due to the theme of the album, It’s only right to declare a victor. Think: "My gunshots'll make you levitate." Regardless, this is an anthem that will bump for the rest of the Summer. Everyone can recall the "mom's spaghetti" line. Chuck D knew what he was doing. We investigate. Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site. Fab and Jada dropped a classic collab but who had the hotter bars? Cause everybody real ’til … 44. Never in a million years would I thought I’d be advocating for anything remotely associated to Halloween a week out from December, but got dammit Fabolous and Jadakiss’s Nightmare On Elm Street got makes it easy for Freddy and Jason to exist outside of October. The content on our website is for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice or to replace a relationship with a qualified healthcare professional. Sometimes I feel like rap music is almost the key to stopping racism. It's stems from a freestyle 'Ye spit for Dame Dash that suggested he was much more than just a producer. Jadakiss. Thrown on a track with some of the best rhyme spitters of the time, Lil' Kim delivers the best verse on one of the greatest posse cuts of all time. While still relevant, Stop the Violence Movement might seem a bit cheesy by today's standards. The line wouldn't mean all that much if the verse wasn't masterful. It was Written. From: Black Star's "K.O.S. Kiss is still nice af though, his D-Boy raps are hard to match. Always consult with a qualified healthcare professional prior to beginning any diet or exercise program or taking any dietary supplement. All rights reserved. The number of iconic lines from Snoop Dogg on Dr. Dre's classic is endless. The internet comedian reminding us to laugh again, How hip-hop has helped us ‘justify our thug’ and get to the polls, These photographers risk their lives to document history in Philly protests, #PlayForChange: How DJ Set Free Richardson embodied a movement. There are plenty of Prodigy's lines that could make this list, especially on Mobb Deep's first album. The creative courage of Sacha Baron Cohen goes beyond expectations. “Ayo, I built this from the ground up That’s how I found patience Came up from the mud and that’s how you foundation“, “I’m dead wrong; you wanna live, I can’t let you You at full speed, I’m walking, I still catch you”, “Power from the hockey mask, James St. Patrick Three bodies in one night, that’s a hat trick”, “Them people ran up on me Asking me do I know something Looked them in they eyes and said, “If I knew something I wouldn’t know nothing”, “What I look like being thirsty when when water is free?”, “They wanna front ’til you jump in the back Shawty named Rosa, jump in the back House party days, you’d get jumped in the back Nowadays the jump offs just jump in the back”, “Show and prove over the talking They told me as a young G Even when you hungry never move like you starving”, “Yeah, but it’s all for my family The goal wasn’t live middle class and buy Camrys I want us all to eat, even if from my pantry”, “Honor’s in your pocket, your heart, that’s where the will be”, “It’s only a problem in the case where you can’t help them”, We need a one-on-one before it’s goes gun on gun People skip the front page ’til they see they son on one.

Dog Names That Mean Survivor Or Fighter, Jon Richardson Net Worth, Fritch Tx News, Hourglass Fire Pattern, Ride 3rd Form, Fernandina Tortoise Update 2020, Artopex Assembly Instructions, Rena Ryuugu Quotes,