The more proper way is to choose "Speed Density" in the "Switches" table in TunerCat, and run a log with that tune loaded. By increasing the values in this table, less fuel will be used before closed loop (O2 sensor feedback) is entered. And so, the MTFBA Newsletter staff has delivered. Depending on engine setup, sometimes these values need to be lowered by as much as 20-30 points (as with large valve overlap cams in the lower RPM/load sections). God bless you! When tuning an LT1 PCM, one of the first things to do is remove things that you dislike or physically removed. Independent studies of internal combustion engines have shown that the most cylinder pressure (i.e., power) is generated with AFRs of 0.9 to 1 x lambda (varying with engine type/makeup, etc.). Tuning this table can also solve BLM splits, where one side of the engine is either richer or leaner than the other side (i.e., 126 for the left, 110 for the right). Use that value, or 1 less, for your "DFCO MAP Enable" value. It has been shown through practice that a leaner fuel mixture increases combustion temperature, and therefore a richer mixture decreases temperature. This is the most common way for me to tune your PCM. Obviously, the ones that flow more than advertised will make you run richer if set to the advertised number. Do the type of driving that you wish to record, then you may turn off the car and click the "Stop" button to finish logging. Fuel injector offset; for other brands like Bosch/Ford SVO. There are many, many variables that can be tuned in the PCM to govern things from fueling, spark curve and idle speed to Or, view current DTCs (error codes) that your PCM is tripping. Usually, when valves open sooner, the spark should fire sooner. With your ALDL cable connected inside your vehicle and to your computer/laptop, turn your ignition to ON, but do not start the engine, and wait 5 seconds. There are at least two main ways to affect MPG: fueling and timing. Editing these values in the tune will control where the fuel cutoff/timing retard happens when the throttle is closed and the car is moving. If this is the first time you're reading your PCM, keep this presumably stock file somewhere safe! The PCM is still using the 128 based system for calculations, but you and I see readouts in the form of percentages. Do you have another GM PCM that you need tuned that is not listed above? And, after all, a better understanding of how stuffworks is half the reason we enjoy these cars so much in the first place. It involves making sure your TB has a bleed hole straight through front to back, like the stock TB, which connects to the hole on the front of the intake manifold. The average gains seem to be in the 20-30 rwhp range, as people often gain 2-3 tenths and 2-3 MPH in the 1/4 mile after my Power Tune. It is best to tune from the long-term BLMs, as the short-term can vary based on inconsistent variables. Depending on whether you are rich or lean on the first pull, fuel will need to be added or Generally, this will need increased for aftermarket injectors and can make a big difference in BLM and engine response. However, they should be set correctly for your injectors, as having them set incorrectly can cause driveability issues like bogging and backfiring. 92-95 LT1 & 87-92 F-Body/Corvette TBI/TPI: Run some engine cleaner through your fuel tank, throttle body and intake manifold (brake booster hose is a good entry for that). It includes licensed software of both the tune flashing/editing program (TunerCat) as well as their data-logger (DataCat), an ALDL cable, and if necessary a chip burner, socket and blank chip. Most sensors have their stoichiometric (14.7:1) point output at about 0.450V. These grids are how the fueling is trimmed, depending on O2 sensor feedback (seen in detail below under "BLMs"), so how they are set can be important to getting a car running efficiently, whether you are running a MAF sensor or in speed density off the VE tables. For 1993 and earlier chip-based PCMs, you order yourself an apppropriate piggyback adapter if desired to make installation easier, and I send you a new tuned chip to install in your PCM. RPM." You may now click the Analyze button in EEHack to efficiently view the data you just recorded, showing your fuel trims (or percentages) for the factory O2 sensor readings or even for your WB reading, as well as knock events. This affects how adjacent blocks of cells are combined when on the edge of a boundary (say right at 30kPa at 1200RPM). This works even on stock engines, as one customer with a stock LT1 engine in his '94 Z28, gained 26 rwhp with just my fine-tuning through email! Then multiply that value (0.866) by your shift points. By default, in closed loop, it attempts to get an air:fuel ratio (AFR) of 14.7:1 (or whatever else is specified as the target in the PCM). The new mode is called PE, or Power Enrichment. You will have 7 business days (Mon-Fri, no holidays) of fine-tuning available from me starting when you receive my first tune (I do not work on the weekends, so I do not count those days against your rental); each additional week costs $50 ('94-'95 LT1), $50 ('96-'97 LT1) or $50 ('97-'05 Vortec/LS1). To request a PCM to be tuned, I ask that you first sign up as a customer. Now you have a car that is custom tuned, all by yourself! Start with 1% (1.01/0.99) changes for every 2 BLMs off; so, a BLM of 118 would require a 5% decrease (128 - 118 = 10 / 2 = 5), or multiplying the MAF airflow value(s) by 0.95. If your car has been running rich for awhile (low MPG, excessive black soot under rear bumper), chances are the O2 sensors will need either cleaned or replaced. When the PCM enters PE mode can also be modified, both by RPM and throttle position; by default, it is at less than full throttle, how much so depending on RPM. Keep track of your AFR from the reading of the WB sensor at the different RPM points as you log the car while doing a WOT run. This produces "engine braking," which is where the vehicle slows down solely from the engine slowing down, rather than having to use the vehicle brakes. The AFR can make a big difference in power output at WOT just like spark timing. its job is to pump unburned oxygen into the exhaust, which will then combine with fuel remnants in the catalytic converter, further reducing emissions and getting the converter up to operating temperature much more quickly. What is the highest MAP value reached when coasting begins? This setting tells the PCM how long to expect the injector to take to open once the PCM commands it to pulse. You will find changes here will also affect emission output; usually more advance leads to higher NOx and lower HC, with a usual sweet-spot found in the middle somewhere. For stock tunes, it is set to 30-50-80kPa, with the engine idling around 30kPa. And for OBDII LT1/LS1 PCMs, just $100-$100 or $175-$200 shipped for Basic or Power Tuning, or $175-$175 through email! The cells are usually referenced by a combination of load/vacuum (kPa) and engine speed (RPM), with three grids or "blocks" for each. # 16188051, 16181333), 1996-1997 OBDII LT4/LT1/L99 vehicles (serv. You can use those values, along with your known power-band, to modify your shift points. Once done with that driving and data-logging, you may turn off the car and click the "Disconnect" button at top, and then click "Save" toward the top right of the window (next to "Recorded Data") and name your log file something meaningful to you. If this has been helpful to you, consider clicking the button below to send me a small gift (of your choice) to help maintain this webpage and support me. tuning service for as little as $85 shipped! Here are the basics for using C.A.T.S. Other methods include my Email Power Tune, if you have your own tuning kit, or my Cable Loan Power Tune where you rent one of my kits and I still do the tuning through email. ALDL vehicle port - all factory vehicles which I can tune come with these; it is necessary to data-log the vehicle while driving, as well as to load the tunes for 1994-2005 flash-based LT1/LS1/Vortec PCMs. They can easily be accomodated with the Basic Tune: I accept PayPal for all order types. I have never tuned a car with a replaceable EEPROM chip, like the L98 cars. ", For TunerCat, be sure that "PCM_EE" is chosen under "PCM.". 0.9 x 14.7:1 turns out to be about 13.4:1. BLM stands for "block learn multiplier." Having such a condition will reduce power and MPG and could cause a dangerous lean condition for one side or cylinder depending on how bad the split is. Below is a partial list of the various systems and their checks that I can enable/disable for you. The timing curves need to be adjusted for this. You may connect the WB's analog/data-logging signal wire to the red wire's port on the vehicle's A/C pressure port plug, or to the empty 27 hole of the PCM's blue connector (you'll need to add a pin). Most often, new camshafts have more valve overlap than stock, which often results in a power increase.

Reputation In Othello Essay, Brick Lane By Monica Ali Critical Analysis, Pitbull Puppies For Sale In Uk, Zip Gun Car Antenna, Kevin Keegan Net Worth 2020, Hope Newell Photos, Aepi Uf Suspended, Cross Dominance Percentage, Greek God Of Hope, Big Lemons Strain, Seneca Lake Ohio Campers For Sale, Show Me Videos Of Bad Tyrant Cops, Elli Smiles Doll Manual, Mc Naveed Merch,