Work out your MPG This keeps the car road legal and will flow much better due to it's higher internal surface area and design, so has the added benefit of keeping your car road legal. Save racing for the track and keep the roads safe. © 2000 - 2020 Content of this site: pages may not be substantially or wholly copied without our prior written agreement. You are using an out of date browser. Increasing the M276 valve size, doing some 3 or 5 angle valve jobs and porting and head flowing will also raise performance, and as an added benefit will give you a greater performance increase on other upgrades. I have a hard time wrapping my head around how the dipstick can work if the tube goes to the bottom and you can also suck all the oil out. Current 2017 GLE350, 2007 S550, 2002 S430, 1998 ML320 Deceased 74 240D, 92 400E, 97 E420, 13 GLK350. Yes, I have a definite noise on start up. Comments are used to improve the accuracy of these M276 articles which are continually updated. This article was written by me, Waynne Smith TorqueCars founder, and I appreciate your feedback and suggestions. I pull out the 5 quarts, empty my container and then pull another 2.5 quarts or so. Do not go with the widest exhaust you can source this will slow the exhaust rate - the best for power gains are usually between 1.5 to 2.5 inches. Remapping Diesels We have this guide to twinchargers if you want to read more. The extended oil service intervals is a nice feature on the newer MB that I like to take advantage of. On most factory exhausts you'll find your flow rate is fine even on modest power gains, but when you start pushing up the power levels you will need to get a better flowing exhaust. The M276 engine features an aluminum engine block and dual overhead camshafts with independent variable valve timing on intake and exhaust valves and a new timing chain arrangement. Can you post a drawing that shows this? Harbor Freight has one and all the marine stores like West Marine has them or Amazon sells them too. My "Oil Boy" has quart gradients on the side of the container so I know I'm getting it all out. (292 PS; 288 hp) at 6400 rpm with 365 Nm (269 lbft) at 3000–5100 rpm, (306 PS; 302 hp) at 6500 rpm with 370 Nm (273 lbft)  at 3500–5250 rpm, 2011–2014 W204 C 350 BlueEFFICIENCY / C 350 BlueEFFICIENCY 4MATIC, 2012–2016 W212 E 350 BlueEFFICIENCY / E 350 BlueEFFICIENCY 4MATIC, 2012–2015 W166 ML 350 BlueEFFICIENCY 4MATIC, 2012–2015 X204 GLK 350 4MATIC BlueEfficiency, (329 hp; 333 PS) at 5,250–6,000rpm and 480 Nm (354 lbft) at 1,600–4,000rpm, 2015–2016 362 hp (270 kW; 367 PS) and 384 lb⋅ft (521 Nm), 2016–2018 W166 GLE 500 e / GLE 550 e (US) 4MATIC, THIS SITE USES COOKIES: Your use of this site implies acceptance of these but you can disable cookies. R. of CHINA: Westfalen Gigatron 0W-40 : x : Westfalen AG, Münster/UNITED KINGDOM: WOLF ECOTECH 0W40 FE : x : Wolf Oil Corporation N.V., HEMIKSEM/BELGIUM: WOLF EXTENDTECH 5W40 HM : x: Wolf Oil Corporation N.V., HEMIKSEM/BELGIUM : WOLF OFFICIALTECH MBM 5W30 : x : Wolf Oil Corporation … MBClub UK is in no way affiliated with Mercedes-Benz, DaimlerChrysler or any of their respective trademarks. Why this works so well is because it is designed to work. They also increase the scavenging effect of the engine. Regular oil changes are vital on the M276, especially when tuned and will help extend the life and reliability of the engine. I don't feel I gain enough to make that hassle worthwhile. You only need to to replace your exhaust if the existing exhaust is actually causing a restriction. If ignored you could suffer from chain failure or stretching and result in a more expensive engine rebuild. Cookies are used to track visitor behaviour enabling us to monitor and optimise the effectiveness of our content, and to remember your preferences and settings on this site. Insuring Track days We won't know who you are personally or be able to track you after your visit to our site. The ECU mapping and fuelling also have an effect on the power gains you'll get. It may not display this or other websites correctly. I do not charge you to access this website and it saves most TorqueCars readers $100's each year - but we are NON PROFIT and not even covering our costs. Benefits & advantages of Winter tyres & snow tyresRead more... A look at high performance wheelsRead more... Re-upholstery for your car from seats to dashboard.Read more... Dashboard styling, guages and digital dashboardsRead more... MPG calculator UK miles per Gallon – calculate MPGRead more... Classic VW / UK Modified Cars / Car Tuning Goodbye. Carbon build in the head and on the spark plugs can cause misfiring, this is a larger issue on direct injection engines but should be looked out for on all engines. Typical stage 1 mods often include: Fast road camshaft, Panel air filters, Intake headers, Drilled & smoothed airbox, Sports exhaust manifold, Remaps/piggy back ECU. Engines M276, M278 and M176 minor oil leaks or oil seepage Topic number LI01.00-P-067802 Version 2 Function group 01.00 General Date 09-18-2018 Validity Engines 276, 278 and 176 Reason for change Remedy text change from "Information only PTSS case" to "PTSS case for processing". (In some cases, as the factory ECU is locked flashing is not an option, so an aftermarket ECU is the route to take, and many of these will outperform factory ECU's but make sure it has knock protection and that you get it setup properly.). The BIGGEST and best independent MB forum in the UK, MB Club UK is A Mercedes Enthusiast club run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts. How will I ever get MB North America to fix my valves and tensioners? This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. "All you need to know about performance tuning the Mercedes M276 engine!". Twin scroll turbo units divert the exhaust gases into two channels and direct these at differently designed vanes in the turbo charger. If you are sucking at the top of the tube, you are not getting all the oil (unless the dipstick tube extends to the bottom of the pan). Please help us improve these tips by sending us your feedback in the comments box below. In all load states, the engine was vented via the pressure regulating valve starting at the centrifuge. If ignored you could suffer from chain failure or stretching and result in a more expensive engine rebuild. I'd just recommend changing the oil every 5000-7500 miles instead of the MB recommended 10000 miles. See where you'll find these limitations and install more solid crank and pistons to handle the power. Help us improve, leave a suggestion or tip. Please use our forums if you wish to ask a tuning question, and please note we do not sell parts or services, we are just an online magazine. Competition camshafts, boost the higher rpm power band but as a result the car will not idle smoothly and low end power nearly always suffers. If you follow the service manual's maintenance schedule, there's really not much these cars need. To keep us running PLEASE Donate here. If an engine is turbo charged tuning mods are going to net you a larger power gain and you'll see that turbo charged engines are made using many forged and stronger components. Don't overlook the need to improve the fuel system when you are increasing the bhp - it makes the car more thirsty. In contrast to the M272 engine, the M276 engine only had one oil separator in the vent line; the centrifuge at the rear of the right cylinder head, however, was the same as previously. The posted views of our members are in no way the views of MBClub.co.uk or its owners. We have tips on removing carbon buildup. We detect all unauthorised copyright material taken from our site the moment it is picked up by the search engines using pattern matching tools. styling and friendly car banter. Some people really feel the only way to do a good oil change is to pull the pan plug. This entry was document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a00dcfb243eface28a23c7658c4944a0" );document.getElementById("e86c721ca4").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Join our forum today and benefit from over 300,000 posts on tuning The adapter link is above. Just an FYI gents, I recently added the Genuine Mercedes 5w40 at this link for $8.21 per. Keep a close eye on the timing chains, and problems will initially manifest as a rattle on start up. It's not uncommon that headers are crying out for aftermarket parts, although a few car makers provide well optimised headers. I know my dealer goes topside using a dedicated suck and fill machine. the modifed car gallery, project car updates and exclusive member only areas. The alternative decat should be considered an off road only mod, as removing a catalyst is illegal in most territories and regions for road registered cars.. Since the M276 engine had a 60-degree ‘V’ configuration, it did not require a balance shaft. If you would like to know more, or just get some friendly advice on Tuning your M276 engine please join us in our friendly forum where you can discuss tuning options in more detail with our M276 owners. I will use the M272 engine (From a 2010 GLK350) for example. Regular oil changes are vital on the M276, especially when tuned and will help extend the life and reliability of the engine.

Watch Mary Queen Of Shops Full Episodes, Which Film Would André Bazin Prefer Based On His Belief In Objective Reality, Construire Une Cave Naturelle Pdf, Astrology Asteroids Symbols, Interstellar Vf Film Complet, John Louizes Noom, Dorsey Levens Wife, Tv Land Schedule, Paper Cranes Sushi Sale Vic, Family Guy The Quest For Stuff Unlimited Clams Mod Apk 2020, Brad Friedel 2020, Where Is Roscoe Dash From, Infidelity Thesis Statement, Shira In The Bible, Lectric Xp Specs, Susan Rice Net Worth, Nemain Goddess Pronunciation, Ican Benefit Group Reviews, Where To Buy Carlsberg Beer Near Me, Dex Carvey Wiki, Roblox Song Id For They Call Me Tiago, Anime Pfp Meaning, Sega Saturn Redump Archive, How To Calculate Total Amps In Breaker Panel, Shabbat Prayers Pdf, Mary Delgado Frankie Valli, Ds2 Battle Axe Vs Bandit Axe, Robert Herjavec House, Hyundai Sonata Engine Replacement Cost, Fallout 76 The Deep Location Map, Great American Cookie Vegan, Gm Night Seeker, Rpg Maker Mv Sprites, Footloose Musical Script Pdf, Rebels Fc Soccer Pa, Como Llegar A Puebla Por Carretera Libre, Lemon Pepper Menu, Miguel Hidalgo Quotes, Kenny Loggins Wife, Nick Barham Karen Carwin, Regarder Hockey En Direct Gratuitement, Clown Hat Called, Biological Anthropology Pdf, St Augustine Quotes On Laws, Pontiac Inmate Search, Why I Want To Be A Marine Officer Essay, Pernia Qureshi Sahil Gilani,