Internet connectivity is not required, but you may need to use a USB thumb drive if we need to share files over email for support reasons. We promise not to spam you to death and you can unsubscribe at any time. Connect the IAC output on pin 30 to the opening coil and connect the closing coil to ground through a 30 ohm 50 watt resistor. See section 6.9.8 of the MS3 Hardware Manual for details. Second Generation MSPNP; Easy to Use and Install! You can use a. On the MSPNP, the MS2's two spare analog inputs are being used for knock input and barometric correction. Thank you, In have a m30b32, would I have to swap a harness from a b35 for it to work. You can use the IDLE output on the MS3X card for the opening coil output, and any unused mid current output on the MS3X (or main board pin 30 for the FIDLE output) for the closing coil. Driving the factory coil will require a BIP373 transistor, sold separately. The factory sensors do not support sequential injection, but it is possible to modify the distributor with a one tooth trigger wheel and cam position sensor to allow sequential injection You will need to change the trigger wheel setting to Dual Wheel with Missing Teeth. I would recommend adding the following. You just need to run a vacuum hose from the port on the MSPNP to the intake manifold. This ECU is for the later 55 pin wiring harness; the stock wiring harness in 1986 would have used a 35 pin connector that does not physically fit. Does the kit come with the harness adapters for the stock e30 sensors to the gm sensors as well a... Running it in wasted spark just requires adding an external ignition module and coil pack, like o... Hello, I was wandering what version of firmware the pnp gen2 for a bmw e30 is running. How to MegaSquirt Your BMW E30 325i and Other M20/M30 Applications, section 5.3.1.2 of the MS2 V3.57 hardware manual, The crankshaft position sensor will wire to CKP+ and CKP- (pins 6 and 15 on the white connector). The car was an Improved Touring build with minor bolt ons, so the base tune should be considered an approximate starting point rather than a final map to run. The instant fuel mileage gauge is one of the few things we were not able to keep working. We recommend using D14 for the spark output. Run this wire from IGBTIN to the top of R26 (for a V3.0 board). Jumper TachSelect to VRIN and TSEL to VROUT. Here are the main application specific wiring details to keep in mind. This electronic boost control solenoid can be used with the MS3-Pro/MSPNP as well as any DIY Style MegaSquirt EMS (with the appropriate mods), or with other electronic boost controllers to control boost by adjusting the pressure to a turbo wastegate. Is this all that I need to get started tuning my BMW? Jumper TachSelect to VRIN and TSEL to VROUT for a V3.0. These engines use a pulse width modulated (PWM) idle air control motor. We'll get this figured out. The DIYPNP connectors are not the exact same version as used in the BMW ECUs, but are a slightly narrower variant to fit in the DIYPNP case. Note that you may need to add 360 degrees to the Tooth #1 Angle setting if adding a cam sensor. Trying to connect the ecu to tuner studio. Dwell settings will depend on the coil used; 2.5 to 3.0 msec is a safe starting point. All three wire-in MS3Pro versions use the same wiring and settings for this engine. Yes, the MSPNP can do closed loop fueling based on O2 sensor feedback - either narrow band or wide band. The stock sensors on an E30 do not support sequential injection, but you could modify the distributor to add a 1 tooth cam trigger to add this feature when using MS3. Also, this MSPNP may not work with automatic transmissions on the E34 or E32 chassis, which rely on the fuel consumption signal for the transmission computer. The MSPNP Gen 2 has its own documentation: It uses a MicroSquirt Module at its core, with the other boards being unique to the MSPNP Gen 2 and not related to the V3.0 or V3.57. I am planning on running one of these on an S38B36. You can use PWM Out 1 to open the valve and PWM Out 2 to close it (pins 14 and 29 of the white connector, respectively). If you don't have a copy, download it here: http://www.diyautotune.com/downloads/tuning_software/portCheck.zip Power up the Megasquirt and connect it to your PC. The easiest way without special cables is to use alligator clips - the 55 pin connector has pretty wide pin spacing, so it's not too hard to get test leads on it. Close TunerStudio if it's running, and run the portcheck.exe program. If you need a lot of I/O, an MS3 may be a better option, although this is not plug and play. You do not need to open the case and should not put the boot jumper in place for this test. CANBus connector allows interconnection of other MegaSquirt-compatible devices for additional functions (EGT Input, Automatic Transmission Controller, Additional Sensors…..the possibilities are limitless! You can upgrade to later firmware if you wish. Mostly, you’ll use the wiring diagrams in the MS2/Extra MicroSquirt Hardware Manual. These engines use a pulse width modulated (PWM) idle air control motor. Onboard peak and hold drivers support both high and low impedance injectors – No external ballast resistor is needed! Tune it right. DIYAutoTune Engine Management Systems. If using the tach output to drive an MSD box, wire the tach to the MSD tach output instead. The paid version of TunerStudio simply adds tuning and analysis software, such as VE Analyzer Live to tune the fuel tables based on wideband O2 feedback (requiring a wideband O2 sensor and controller, sold separately). Alternatively, you can use a built in high current coil driver: Connect the crankshaft position sensor to main board pin 24 and a ground pin. Let's start with an alternate communications test. The IAC valve uses a 3-wire design. Tune it for less. The air conditioning operates separately from the ECU. Change fuel and spark maps on the fly for different fuels, nitrous activation, etc. To use the A/C idle up function, wire Digital Switched 12V In (gray connector pin 19) to the factory A/C input. These engines use a pulse width modulated (PWM) idle air control motor. When this program starts, it will scan the available COM ports. You can use FIDLE to open the valve (pin 7) and connect the closing coil to ground through a 30 ohm 50 watt resistor. Yes, it works with an M30B35 for the years listed - we include an approximate startup map for this motor on the USB thumb drive. Using this ECU on the M106 will require swapping to the later M30B35 wiring harness and crank trigger. You'd also need the later engine's crank trigger as well. You can use the IDLE output on the MS3X card for the opening coil output, and any unused mid current output on the MS3X for the closing coil. is the base tune for 91 or 93 octane fuel? We typically use 93 octane for tuning unless we specifically wanted to tune the engine on something else (the 4.8 LS base map was tuned on 87 octane, but that's the only one I am aware of where we used a different fuel). Tune it Yourself. Set the following under Ignition Options / Wheel Decoder. Typical installation takes around an hour. Tune it Yourself. Please email us a screen shot of the results you get, and I'll go over where to go from there. If your car has an ECU driven tach, connect the tach to pin 25 and set the tach output to IAC1. Additionally, some European 325i models for the 1987 year used an ECU with a part number of 0 261 200 073 or 0 261 200 081; this ECU is not compatible with the stock wiring on these cars. Automatic equipped E30s using a hydraulic transmission will work without issue. There are two ways to control the coil. Get the latest news on our products, see who's winning with MegaSquirt & more! It’s ready to run this engine out of the box, with no… The tach is sometimes ECU driven – this seems to depend on production year. The MS3 can run the tach through the its dedicated tach output on pin 24 of the white connector. Here are the main application specific wiring details to keep in mind. Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review. Support Articles » Technical Articles » Installation Articles » BMW » How to MegaSquirt Your BMW E30 325i and Other M20/M30 Applications. The free version included on the USB Stick can access all the features and tables of the MegaSquirtPNP. MS3 adds the possibility of sequential fuel injection, but to make this feature work requires modifying the distributor for a one tooth cam sensor. The ECU does get a 12 volt signal which can be used for idle up input. O... Can I use it with my stroked M20B31 with 10.5:1 without changes?

2015 Sonata For Sale, Gravity Food Dispenser, Poisonous Caterpillars Uk, Real Estate Potts Point, Ambiguity Examples Sentences, Types Of Historical Bias, Water Tank Stand Design Pdf, Overuse Injury Examples,