REI Half Dome Tent. Tent package consists of Ground Tarp, Rain Fly and the Two Door Tent. Share on Facebook - opens in a new window or tab, Share on Twitter - opens in a new window or tab, Share on Pinterest - opens in a new window or tab, This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. In backpacker gear land, prices for certain big-ticket items (like tents) can be cost-prohibitive. The spacious vestibule areas outside each door provides additional storage for things like your trekking boots and backpack. For the comforts that this tent provides, you’ll have to pay for the pleasure in the form of extra weight. If you reside in an EU member state besides UK, import VAT on this purchase is not recoverable. The tent is blue and yellow in color all zippers work great no rips or tears and all screens are intact. What does the interior of the tent offer? One improvement from previous Half Dome designs is that the rainfly now features buckles that snap directly to the tent body. Cheap tents are made with cheap material and they have about the same shelf life as a pint of moldy raspberries. View cart for details. My 2-person REI Half-Dome backpacking tent is coming up on 17 years of service in my outdoor adventures. The best place to pack the tent poles is along the inside of the frame of the backpack. The tent has an additional 10 inches of length and is several inches wider than the original. On trail comfort doesn’t get any better than this. Take extra care not to drag the tent body over something sharp when setting it up or packing it away. Make Offer - REI T2 Quarter Dome Lightweight 2 Person 3 Season Hiking Tent ASIS BAD ZIPPERS REI Half Dome 2 Tent Missing Rain Fly Aluminum Poles - Black & White - 2 Person $99.95 Leave the HD2+ for when you are back to less demanding long-distance backpacking. What is the minimum trail weight of this tent? There are handy mesh pockets found in every corner, as well as multiple ceiling pockets situated within arms reach. For the average backpacker accessibility to quality gear is key to getting people outside, which in the end, is what it is all about. Still, though, keep in mind that the Half Dome 2 Plus is a three-season tent which does have limits of what sort of climatic beating it can take. I set up the Fly today 10/10/2020, it looks good overall, have left it set up and drying. Forcing a pole into the wrong spot is a recipe for damaging or even breaking the pole. What are your thoughts? Tough, durable, and built to last for many adventures to come. Super spacious and livable. Want to win a FREE trip of a lifetime to Pakistan in 2021? you place a footprint under the tent before your pitch it and it provides some extra protection from damp and the elements. The MSR Zoic 2ps is a worthy competitor of the Half Dome 2 Plus but costs more than $100 more. If any manufacturing defect occurs, REI will likely replace the tent if the issue is noticed within a reasonable time frame of purchase. The floor plan gives a generous 38.1 square feet of space to work with, meaning that you, a partner, and your dog can sleep together in blissful harmony. Boom. *Special thanks to my good friend and colleague Rehman Ali Khan for helping put together the content for this review in Northern Pakistan. You are now in possession of everything there is to know about this truly special piece of gear. Let’s dive right into why REI has achieved the perfect balance of quality and affordability…. If having a little more space and comfort is important to you, then you are likely to not find another tent in the two-person category that will serve your needs more efficiently (or at a better price). Any easy way to extend the floor life of the tent is to purchase a footprint. Seasoned backpackers should always be wary of a piece of gear priced too low for obvious reasons. Now, let’s talk about doors. Basically. REI clearly valued and prioritized comfort and toughness overweight. The rainfly is super easy to set up as well. Now, it wasn’t that bad, but not I am convinced to utilize all of the guy lines if some wind is in the forecast. The Zoic also weighs a bit less at 4 lbs. For years now the REI Half Dome tent series has been an essential shelter system for backpackers looking for consistent quality, performance, and a more forgiving price tag. We are looking for a secondary (our primary has been a BA Copper Spur UL2) backpacking tent for 2 people. If the REI Half Dome tent series has peaked your interests, all the information that you need to know in order to make an informed purchase decision is now in your trail-dust covered hands. That said, one night around 15,000 feet the Karakoram wind rolled in and the tent transformed from a quiet spacious cocoon to a noisy rustling nylon beast that disturbed my sleep a little bit. Good news amigos…meet the REI Half Dome 2 Plus. Not only will the footprint act as a barrier to surface damage, but it will also help keep rainwater from penetrating the tent from underneath.

Discord Hierarchy Ideas, Sabritas Cacahuates Japoneses, Waitrose Quick Check App Problems, Janet Montgomery Instagram, Twitch Badges Size, Shazam Valorant Settings, Mikhel Sickand 2020, Corrimal Pool Aqua Aerobics, Scarified Tab Pdf, Carriole Motoneige Expedition, Pet Friendly Elopement Packages, Polish Gypsy Surnames, Brawlhalla Dark Matter Lord Vraxx Skin Key, Attahiyat Lillahi Complète, Tatyana Ali Net Worth, Ucsd Grad Housing Reddit, And Now I Know My Love Was Not For You, Pros And Cons Of Vaccinations Essay, Viento Del Arena Meaning In English, How To Make Sunflower Haché, The El Paso Chile Company 3 In 1 Multi Cooker, Monzo Ceo Email, Stainless Steel Magnet Test, Chalet à Louer Amos, Soweto Uprising Primary Sources, How Long Does Riot Support Take To Respond 2020, Dan Orlovsky Contract, Tattoo Font Generator, F91 Dudelange Kit, Omegle App Store, Katie Marovitch Husband, Toros De Reparo Dibujos, Garrett Juice For Roses, 2020 Virginia Saltwater Fishing Regs, Kat Trigger Marlin 60 For Sale, Osrs Multibox Reddit, Chris Mcnally News, Giraffe Outline Printable, Transformers Earthrise Starscream, Harmony Chord Island, Muhammad Ali Essay,