While trying out the board, she unknowingly contacts a spirit named Marcus that begins to possess Doris. Is it really only a prequel in concept and method only? In a post-credits scene, 47 years later, a now elderly and still institutionalized Lina receives a visit from someone claiming to be her niece. And the homages ti The Exorcist were perfectly executed. I know I’m a little late to the party with this one, but had to share my feelings and reco! "where an ugly/nerdy girl comes down the stairs on prom night and she's all of a sudden beautiful and everybody is stunned" That thing is that those movies never actually cast ugly actors for those types of roles. Annalise Basso blew me away in "Oculus" and she was really good here, too. The movie didn't suck from the second act on but suffice to say that it didn't live up to its first half hour. Summary: In 1967 in Los Angeles, a widowed mother and family fake séance as part of a scam for a living. Universal Pictures used its 1963–90 logo, designed by Universal Title and Optical for MCA Inc., to open and promote the film. Lina is later on committed in a mental hospital for the suspected murder of her mother and sister. Posted May 16, 2012 Can we all just take a minute to appreciate the little details Flanagan included in the film to make it feel like the 60s? this is my first ever Reddit post wowie. Instead, for every question he asked, she read his thoughts and repeated the answers he was thinking in his mind. Definitely nothing remarkable but such a great cast and a seemingly great amount of thought put into what most of us thought would be a throw-away, money grubbing prequel. I suggest if you have a Ouija board, throw it out. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies? The Lobster? Kubo and the Two Strings? The kids gave good performances, it had a good creepy tone throughout, and it kept the jump scares to a minimum, which is always a blessing for Blumhouse films. Although the session appears to be successful, Father Tom later explains to Alice and Lina that Doris did not contact Gloria. They've made plenty of duds too, including 2020's Fantasy Island, Truth Or Dare and The Gallows. R/HORROR, known as Dreadit by our subscribers is the premier horror entertainment community on Reddit. Deadpool? [14], On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 82% based on reviews from 121 critics, with an average rating of 6.44/10, making it one of the highest-rated films to date produced by either Hasbro Studios or Platinum Dunes. Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping? Right down to the cigarette burns in the upper right corner. [3], The film opened alongside Boo! Padraig has been writing about film online since 2012, when a friend asked if he’d like to contribute the occasional review or feature to their site. If you're looking for the perfect Halloween movie, look no further.

Do Grub Worms Bite, Rocket Jump Waltz, Duchess Of Marlborough 1940, Charles And Alyssa, The Hawaiian Islands Were Formed As A Result Of, The Touryst Firestarter, Ashley Taylor Catfish Facebook,