Russian Blue Rescue Information: The Russian Blue is a gray-blue, short-haired cat. If there is a toy attached to a string, the current Russian Blue would pounce on the string to catapult the toy rather than chase the toy…he knew the laws of science even as a young cat. There is something though that we don’t understand. She can mean or love able. The Russian Blue was gentle and happy at home, but at shows it was visibly discontent and temperamental. Where is there a reputable breeder for Russian Blue cats. Shy around strangers, but very affectionate and loves to lick (kiss) me. They are exactly like this and they love to play fetch. The cat staged its first public appearance in 1871, when a Russian Blue was displayed at the Crystal Palace in London, under the name Archangel Cat. Although an immediate improvement in the bloodline was made when Russian Blues were imported from Britain, it would take years to establish the exact type that would personify the Russian Blue. As mentioned earlier in this article, there has been some suggestion that the Russian Blue lived in the wild and was hunted for its fur. They were short-haired, solid blue cats with thick, dense, glossy coats. Usually breeders make kittens available between twelve and sixteen weeks of age when they have had sufficient time with their mother and littermates to be well socialized and old enough to have been fully vaccinated. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.  |  Though gentle and quiet in nature, the Russian Blue has a soft spot for high places, where she can people watch for hours until she gets a feel for your personality. Because out of all 3 of mine he’s the most gentle & the cleanest as well. She may be flexible when it comes to movement, but the Russian Blue is a creature of habit when we’re talking daily activities. The traits mentioned sound accurate to me. Love this breed and are very loyal and clean cats. Very well-mannered and never beg for food or gobble down food. https://www.catster.com/cat-behavior/cat-meowing-at-night A Russian Blue cat is shy and reserved until she thinks you’re worthy of her presence. Athletic, very petite, and kind of a bully to other cats and dogs -deadly to anything smaller! Beautiful cat to watch walk, like a mini panther. These wonderful family members are worth it. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings. From the 1960s, the Russian Blue began gaining popularity and has become a favorite at cat shows and at home. https://www.catster.com/cat-behavior/what-are-the-cat-zoomies-should-you-worry The presence of a warm, thick coat suggests that they were long accustomed to surviving in a cold climate. Do not be surprised if there is a wait of some sort. The Russian Blue was once nicknamed the “Doberman Pinscher of Cats” by a judge at a cat show due to the breed’s long, muscular body, which manages to be both elegant and athletic. The Cat Fanciers’ Association, Inc.260 East Main Street, Alliance, OH  44601Phone: (330) 680-4070   /    Fax: (330) 680-4633. It is widely believed that British sailors, fascinated by this breed of cat, brought them home from the White Sea port town of Archangel (Arkhangelsk) in northern Russia. They also have a natural proclivity to shyness and nervousness around strangers and in strange environments. My Husband has to wake up at 4:30 in the mornings during the week so we shut the door so she doesn’t wake him up. When it is in full motion and stretched out, one can see that it has a long, graceful neck, but the neck is hidden by thick fur and high set shoulder blades when the cat is sitting, making it look as though it has a short, thick neck. It enjoys a good game of fetch and will keep the game going longer than you may have time for, and you will make time because the Russian Blue is known for actually appearing hurt when it has been ignored. The Russian Blue was once nicknamed the “Doberman Pinscher of Cats” by a judge at a cat show due to the breed’s long, muscular body, which manages to be both elegant and athletic. Many believe the Russian Blue is a natural breed originating from the Archangel Isles in northern Russia, where the long winters developed a cat with a dense, plush coat. Think of her as a furry alarm clock. This is my 2nd male Russian Blue. The Russian Blue is generally a healthy breed of cat with no breed-specific health problems. Relatively quiet-voiced (except perhaps at mealtime), the Russian Blue appreciates a pat on the head, a window from which to watch the birds, and, of course, the comforts of home. She is trained to sit and eat on command. Or in the waiting area of your vet’s office? © 1995-2020 The Cat Fanciers' Association, Inc. We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website. They never tire of bringing you mice, love affection, and are sensitive. Minimal grooming is required; regular nail clipping, good nutrition, an occasional combing, and lots of petting keep your Russian Blue pet looking spectacular. As the name suggests, this breed is believed to have originated in Russia. Finally, the Governing Council of the Cat Fancy recognized the breed, and in 1912, the Russian Blue was granted a class of its own. Russian Blues are exceptionally good with … The Russian Blue moves with the same type of lithe grace as a Russian ballerina, so you can expect to see her dancing through the hallways of your humble abode whenever she feels the urge — day or night. By breeding the Scandinavian cats, known for their good head type and vivid green eye color, with the British Russian Blues, a cat with a silver-blue coat color and graceful body style, the breeders finally achieved what they were looking for. This is a well-behaved cat that is easy to train. Dense, silky, and plush, the hair stands out at a 45-degree angle, allowing you to literally trace patterns into it, where they will remain until you smooth your hand over them. By 1965, British breeders expressed unhappiness over the abrupt change in the Russian Blue's shape and personality, and immediately began an effort to bring back the original Russian Blue. Russian Blues love attention but can do well by themselves also. Erika Sorocco Sensitive to their owner’s moods, the Russian Blue will greet you at the door, find a quiet seat next to you, or fetch a toy at playtime. Assuming the Russian Blue did migrate from northern Russia, it was likely via ship to England and northern Europe in the mid 1860s. First exhibited at London’s Crystal Palace in 1875 as the “Archangel Cat,” the original Russian Blue competed with all other blue cats. In fact, many Burmese even learn to play fetch. My male is the most affectionate cat I have ever had while my female decides when she is to be loved. Popularity declined and fewer Russian Blues were being shown until breeders focused on improving the attitudes of the breed through selective breeding and behavior management (e.g., soft music, recording of show noises, crystals, herbal remedies). It is physically in the same class as the Korat and Oriental Shorthair -- long, slender, elegant. The first of the Russian Blues registered with The Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA) in 1949, but it was not until 1964 that a Russian Blue won a CFA Grand Championship, a male named GC Maja Acre Igor II. For more information, please contact the Breed Council Secretary for this breed. The best prevention is measuring the food and giving it only at assigned times of the day, and making sure that everyone in the house knows that they cannot give the cat too many treats or scraps.

Hershey Bar Sizes, What Does It Mean When Someone Says You Are My Kryptonite, Abbreviation For Mayor, Omen Transcend Humanity, Refresh Me Lyrics, Céline Galipeau Salaire, How To Tighten Elastic Bracelets, How Old Is Allison Micheletti, Ian Rankin Soda Bread Recipe, John Megna Cause Of Death, Brandy Cole Age, Naruto Shippuden Episode 427 Eng Dub, Dohn Norwood Net Worth, Sisterhood Name Ideas, Pokémon Crystal Mewtwo Best Moveset, Beatles Songs About Peace And Love, Do Pigeon Tremex Bite, Foursquare Church Vs Catholic Church, Vancouver Air Quality Map, Bob Behnken Height, Ulysses Poem Imagery, Lipome Chien Prix, Fortnite Music Block Tutorial Easy, Digital Dreams Minecraft, Sas Gear Loadout, The 's In The Safety Rounding Acronym Best Describes Which Of The Following Quizlet, How Tall Is James O'brien, Anne Scott Actress, Trimaran Design Principles, Veloflex Tubular Review, The Killer Beside Me, Paul Carr Net Worth, Greetje Riphagen Son, Astroneer Lithium On Vesania, Vibe Ride Driver, Words That Equal 666, How To Write A Legal Notice For Newspaper, Was Bugs Moran Married, Living In Guanaja Honduras, Imperial March Score Pdf, Buffalo Gals Chords, God I Wish I Was A Girl, Unturned Minigun Id, Amma Rajyam Lo Kadapa Biddalu Obulu Character, Fallout 3 Energy Weapons Build Reddit, Tom Scott Square Pegs, Lol Clubhouse Review, Jalostotitlan Homes For Sale, No Credit Check Semi Leasing, Bobby Edner 2019, John Berman Family, Unturned War Servers, Sheryl Meaning In Hebrew, Pauls Boutique Bag 2009, Planet Oat Headquarters, Who Is Karine Vanasse Married To, Dead Cells Scythe Claw Build, Fanfiction Lemon Naruto,