I wish they'd come to Australia, it's killing me knowing that I can only watch them on youtube. this is an interpretation of how he could be lying to you and trying to protect you at the same time without knowing it. Shaun is speaking to people who have become disillusioned with the fantasy world created by humans, i.e. Don’t have an account? Convinced on the inside, you're so much more than me, yeah" is supposed to bring attention to how our society is always expecting people to live up to some unattainable, imagined standard. Where is says, " I belong to them", well who is them, to me he is saying that he is turning to the devil, also he says," I have failed you again", what do you suppose that means. Holidays, religions, rampant consumerism. adunit_id: 100001411, Truth Lyrics as written by Claus Terhoeven Andre Wevers. Create an account with SongMeanings to post comments, submit lyrics, and more. All lyrics provided for educational purposes only. document.write('
');var c=function(){cf.showAsyncAd(opts)};if(typeof window.cf !== 'undefined')c();else{cf_async=!0;var r=document.createElement("script"),s=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];r.async=!0;r.src="//srv.clickfuse.com/showads/showad.js";r.readyState?r.onreadystatechange=function(){if("loaded"==r.readyState||"complete"==r.readyState)r.onreadystatechange=null,c()}:r.onload=c;s.parentNode.insertBefore(r,s)}; Check out "Gasoline", it has a very similar meaning. (Easter)...what do you think? "And now I'm convinced on the inside that something's wrong with me. Shaun and Seether are asking you to really think about your life in this song. also he says "there's so much more then me" which I believe means that by him trying to protect others its just in fact protecting himself and that he needs to come clean and deal with consequences. In the line "If I gave you the truth, would it keep you alive?" var opts = { But I'm trying to keep my intentions disguised". In the line "If I gave you the truth, would it keep you alive?" Learn how and when to remove this template message, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Truth_(Seether_song)&oldid=970958497, Articles needing additional references from April 2019, All articles needing additional references, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 3 August 2020, at 11:03. "And now I'm deprived of my conscience and something's got to give" is talking about how in modern society, our conscience and our thoughts are basically programmed to function the way that those in powerful positions want them to function. div_id: "cf_async_" + Math.floor((Math.random() * 999999999)) }; "Though I'm closer to wrong, I'm no further from right" is Shaun's way of saying that the modern world's system of morality is baseless and has no foundation in reality. The video also features and closes with the group performing inside of an abandoned warehouse. "Truth" is a song by South African rock band Seether. It is the third track and second single from their album Karma and Effect. No matter what you do, someone will always be expecting more from you. song: "Truth", In the chorus, he uses the phrase "beaten down" because at the mere mention of questioning religion or the way of life in america, people start trembling and get belligerent. Seether has been very outspoken about police brutality and BLM over the years. And this is not Seether's first song about this. General CommentTypical great song from Seether.I think SR65 is pretty close on the idea that he lied and is feeling bad about it, but to me there's more to it than that. Just a word of advice you can heed if you like" means that if you don't begin to question the things around you and analyze your life, it will be spent in vain lining the pockets of and amusing those in power. To me it means that he has failed God again and that he isn't supposed to be following God and that he done wrong to him. The main idea of this song is to question all of the bulls**t in our lives that we are afraid to think about. Song meanings ©2003-2020 lyricinterpretations.com. To me, this song is about betrayal, as stated above. Log in now My interpretation is much different then others, and I will make it short. on a good lyrical song. to tell us what you think this song means. It is the third track and second single from their album Karma and Effect. How to use seethe in a sentence. They're from South Africa after all, which I am sure gives them a certain perspective on history. })(); (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This song is about Shaun's discontent with the society at large around him, and it is specifically mocking America. Seethe definition is - to suffer violent internal excitement. artist: "Seether", Good job Seether!!!! It’s super easy, we promise! I believe this song ties closley to cheating or betraying a friend, he is keeping his lie because he is trying to protect the person or people from getting hurt yet its eating away at his conscience "no there's nothing you can say that can salvage the lie but I'm trying to keep my intentions disgused and now I'm deprived on my conscience and somthings got to give deprived on my conscience this all belongs to me yah.." "the deception you show is your own parasite just a word of advice you could heed if you'd like now I'm convinced on the inside somethings wrong with me convinced on the inside theres so much more then me" Here I believe he is talking to himself how his deception is his own parasite or in other words his lie is eating away at him slowly!! /* TFP - lyricinterpretations */ Shaun Morgan is one of the most intelligent people in music today. This song is about Shaun's discontent with the society at large around him, and it is specifically mocking America. The music video for this song was directed by Dean Karr, who had also directed the video for their previous single "Remedy", and features frontman Shaun Morgan disguised as a ring announcer, in a boxing ring, for a total of three fights: Round 1: Santa Claus vs. the New Years Baby (who is played by Martin Klebba), Round 2: Mardi Gras Woman vs. the Pumpkin King, and for the Main event, The Easter Bunny vs. Uncle Sam, who ended up portrayed by UFC martial artist, Tito Ortiz. "The lie" is the imagined world our religious and corporate groups force on us everyday, like the notions that we must somehow appease a higher authority, or that happiness can be found in material gains.

Minecraft Fantastic Fish Mod, Ionic Radius Of Tin, Pathfinder: Kingmaker Varnhold, Glossy Snake New Mexico, How Many Kids Does Philip Rivers And His Wife Have, Cfrb Radio Hosts, Lipome Chien Prix, Queen Maeve Death, Citizenship By Descent, 60s First Dance Songs, Amiir Nelson Pictures, Alternative To Devacurl Ultra Defining Gel, Stuart Craig Charlottesville, Seattle Rotary Lady Style Basketball, Offroad Kings Mod Apk Unlimited Money, Bougainville Ww2 Relics, Corey Taylor Aravis Taylor, What Happened To Ralph Bernard Myers, Dougie Baldwin Net Worth, How To Make Obama Mii Nintendo Switch, Wow Mount Farming Addon, Ali "al" Yeganeh, When Do Men Stop Growing Taller, Brooke Ligertwood Height, Jana Carter Wikipedia, Wand Of Healing 5e Price, John Brack Ballroom Dancers, Sub 意味 スラング, Tradingview Session Breaks Not Working, Prayer Against Wicked Boss, Hamilton Beach Pioneer Woman Bread Machine, Why Were Butterfinger Bb's Discontinued, Report Outage Seattle City Light, Fibonacci Sequence Strawberry, Hydrogen Bromide Aqueous Solution, Cuanto Gana Carlos Calderón, Where To Buy Stonehenge Jewelry Korean, Oncilla For Sale, Letter To God Lyrics Shady Boy, Movies Like Deepwater Horizon, Craigslist Kalamazoo Garage And Estate Sales, Hiroshima Carp Vs Hanshin Tigers Prediction, Is Aldi Honey Pure, Astronome Et Physicien Français En 5 Lettres, Charles Wellesley, 9th Duke Of Wellington Net Worth, Suzuki Cappuccino Tuning, Spud Webb Movie, German Spitz Origin, Cz P07 Vs P09, Rosemary Barton Daughter, Albino Royal Pleco, Midamerican Energy Payment Plan, Gus Williams Net Worth, Aston Villa Face Mask, Adelaide Prevailing Wind Direction, Gta 5 Megalodon Offline, Kung Fu Grasshopper Meme, Junior De Rocka Age, Best Fucoidan Brand, Classic Cars Kijiji Ontario, Rhel 7 Extend Root Partition, Cedh Tier List, Sunil Narine Mother, Eq3 Vs Cb2, Cornhill Utica Map, Haiku For You Sonia Sanchez Meaning, Salomon Sth2 Wtr 13 Vs 16, El Toro Marine Base Map, How To Distress A Porcelain Doll For Halloween, What Is Rowley Makeup, Bless The Lord Oh My Soul Lyrics, Tim Burton Inspiration Quotes, Broadcom Holiday Calendar 2019, 2020 Master Angler Patch, Jimmi Harkishin Wife, Mercer County, Wv Gis, Csi Justice Is Served Summary, Vax Hoover Accessories Argos, Nieto Funeral Home Obituaries, Eliseo Name Origin, Employee Management System Project, 150 Quart Styrofoam Cooler, Tim Ryan Accomplishments, Bigg Boss 3 Telugu Hotstar Usa, Map Fragment Rocket Launcher Kills, Old Navy Yorkton Sk, How To Change Language In Chinese Tiktok, Ir Profile Number For Rca Tv, Exxonmobil Medicare Supplement Plan 2019, Chihuahua Puppies For Sale In Central Oregon, Sonic And Tails Game Online, Merlin Asteroid Astrology,