Smog test will show excessive NOx that causes failure in the vehicle. It might but it gets cold where I live and I didn’t notice much of a difference. 30 Hp upgrade and 130Nm of torque. You can look into EFI and/or MM3 custom tuning for that You could try sourcing an old H&S tuner. All my posted mpg are hand calculated. The tune also was tweaked so the EGR could be removed, and no CEL. But with the removal of the EGR valve, fuel economy is improved. Thanks Gary for everything you do on my vehicles. I got as high as 62.8mpg indicated (60.5 actual) on a 95 degree day. i've even heard people in Ontario, if they have a healthy car and a DPF delete, they can still pass the opacity test. No soot at all. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. I feel a little more power but the true test will be when I hook up the caravan. I still made an average of 49.5mpg. You can do the stealth mod( remove the guts of the egr ) leave everything there so you still have the ASV function and it looks like it’s still installed. I do like to mess with all my cars a bit though. If the regens only happened when I drove the car I would be OK with that, but for some reason when I returned home from a drive and I turned the car off, I would always hear the fans whirring away for the next 10 minutes. Also the car used to have those hiccups: it would occasionally pulsate 1-3 times at speeds above 90 kph if I release the throttle and then press it again. Hey! There, done. We have a lot of open road here with very little traffic so I experimented with some 100kph to 140kph (60mph to 85mph) pulls. Hopefully much better towing as soon as I can get my van hooked up. Even Green Diesel only claims a 4-7 mpg gain. What is the cost (delete/stage 2) vs. potential cost savings? But it can be done - in the summer I consistently get 50+ mpg hwy if I keep it under 65 mph. One thing that I did not know about before I bought a diesel car was the annoying DPF regens. Something that many, many, many people nowadays do not have. I think they just hook up to the obf 2 port normally: I’m not sure what they do on diesels as this is my first. Some of those automatics don’t hold up well under the extra power. Very friendly and knowledgeable, extremely professional and thorough. Highly recommend these guys ... Had my 2016 MU-X remap done last Friday. Some of it is just dust and this dust is carbon fuel that is not burnt. Dpf/egr/adblue delete and stage 2 tune. The guy cleaned it right before I bought the car. I have a 05 bew and got a tune and deletes and my only complaint is the car has too much torque on ice. I have taken some long road trips and found an average 39 MPG running 65-75 MPH. 2013 TDI wagon here (also a BC resident). By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Fantastic service. The existence of more powerful fuel injectors drives the need for supporting components, such as turbos, camshafts, and clutch upgrades, and of course ECU tuning to tie it all together. Better fuel economy, more torque and more power on the lower ranges. Great job Gary. I've never had a problem with inspections, with cat in place, and no CEL, breezes right through. Have you inquired? In the mornings if I can keep it between 40-60 MPH (dictated by traffic flow) the MDF can show 51 by the time I stop. The place I took it to was an authorized Malone tuner and they supplied and installed everything. Here's the catch can I used, search in the MkIV forum for a couple threads. If it happens, it is not feasible to enforce at the individual level. Increase of power and torque through the rev range, better fuel economy and a completely different experience to drive. It didnt last too long with my high egts but, while it did, I could get lip into the average of 62 to 63mpg, with a confirmed 72mpg of 99.9% highway 80mph on cruise control going cross country. After the tune I gained a fait bit of extra torque and horsepower which has made the Amarok a great tow vehicle. In MA if your car is over 15 years old it's inspected for safety only. You can pass if its deleted via a tune but it technically wont pass if it's missing, but inspection/emissions dont know these things. I certainly would let that stop you. Cons: diesel smell if you park in an enclosed garage. JavaScript is disabled. As a result, the owner of the vehicle needs to take the vehicle to a repair shop to get the fault code scanned by the computer system of the vehicle. Just make sure you've got a good thermostat and temp sensor. EGR DELETE is made electronically on the ECU. Everyone has their own opinion about EGR valve and EGR DELETE, It is a good thing to keep EGR valve and clean it all times but for some people is better to remove EGR. I don’t really want to hurt mpg as it’s the whole purpose for this car. EGR system does not have much effect on the performance of the engine. It's not going to rob or gain any mpg doing either delete or leaving it in place. Tell me about it. Changing how, where, when and how fast will probably make as much difference. When my DPF goes I will look at the DPF/EGR & tune vs cost of straight up replacement. EGR stands for Exhaust Gas Re-circulation and EGR system is the system that is used to reduce the emission of NOx. Highly Recommended!!! Unbelievable for big difference before and after my sicken Subaru Outback Premium Diesel 2013 went in and out with DTA performance. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. it's very low mileage, about 18,700kms. The reason for EGR being blocked is contamination of a number of chemical by-products that are the remaining of the burnt fuel in the engine other than carbon-dioxide. I live in Kamloops, BC and I got the work done at http://fourfunction.ca/ in Kelowna. : Blocked EGR may result to trip engine light or emission control light on their dashboard. More noticeable on the 0-60kph. Speed limit on the toll road here is 85 mph. When you delete the egr, you will have a check engine light. The entire EGR delete process takes a savvy diesel tech about a day to complete, including taking out the DEF system, removing the catalytic converter and DPF, and installing a new exhaust. ; Knocking: When the EGR is blocked, your engine may give a knocking sound.This is caused due to high combustion temperatures on overheating. EGR Removal and Delete. I do think the car takes longer to warm up in winter setup like this however. Garry, Great bunch of guys there fantastic job my truck is 100% more powerful now everything they said they done and on time thanks guys.

Piper Laurie Net Worth, Giant Gorilla 5e, Lucid Motors Stock Yahoo, Astroneer Iron Location, Jason Pethers Actor, Typical Nigerian Facial Features, Oregon Special Interest Plates,