A bit implausible, but still good entertainment, Apart from a few flaws this is a genuinely strong Columbo film, "A Matter of Honor" (1976), aka the bull-fighting installment, Columbo investigates a murder in a bullring; Ricardo Montalban plays in something more watchable than "Fantasy Island"; the audience gets an adequate time-filler, Every Original Columbo (1971-1978) Episode Ranked. As such, we've seen them all too many times. Obviously. So you may be thinking, "eh? Pictures provided by: stronghold, andrepa, no-a, Display options: Display as images Display as list So when he's in Mexico the year after, with problems caused by lack of car insurance following a car crash, he's recognised by the police. That and the fact that if you drive in Mexico, your US car insurance probably isn't valid. share. 0 comments. After all this is an episode based firmly in Mexico. If the truth was ever told, for image conscious Luis it could mean ruin. Nobody seemed in this episode to be racing to get over the Border. As a huge fan of Columbo, I very much liked A Matter of Honor, even if I don't consider it either one of the best or the worst of the series. Of course Falk's role as Columbia is only the best ever put on tv; thanks in large part to great writing. The murderer has picked a tool that is at hand. His trusted bookkeeper, Hector Rangel (Robert Carricart), has a son (A Martinez) who is also a bullfighter. Read our accessibility statement. 1973 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu. Add the first question. One of the great things about this episode, IS the police chief's reckoning with himself as to "what kind of man/cop; is he? 1969 Datsun 1500. I love this episode and I agree completely with your analysis, but I would add one thing. Well he runs a ranch producing prize fighting bulls and as a former Matador and a national hero, he does seem to have some money. Episode synopsis: Columbo A Matter of Honor. Then Luis fires a tranquilliser dart at Hector, opens the gates and lets one angry bull kill the helpless Hector. Is Montoya rich? Metacritic Reviews. Hey, if they'd been in Los Angeles, Montaya would have been shouting loudly about calling "his good friend, the Police Commissioner." Columbo's normal instincts thwarted, he makes several half turns – as though to enter the screening room – where Grace, lost in the past, is watching the film, having already forgotten Diamond's confession. He does get shouty towards the end, even going as far as that age old technique of banning Columbo from his property. 100% Upvoted. It is beautifully shot with some of the loveliest scenery of any Columbo music, and while the music score is not one of the best or the most atmospheric I loved the flavour it had. Well I'll tell you. Synopsis: When a famous bullfighter's trusted bookkeeper turns up dead in a bullring, Lt. Columbo suspects murder--with a bull as the murder weapon. 7/10 Bethany Cox. With no knowledge at all of bull-fighting, Columbo starts digging away, asking questions and eventually working the whole story out. The acting is fine, with only A Martinez disappointing, coming across as too lightweight for his role. Planet Bods ©1997-2020. Files are available under licenses specified on their description page. When Commandante Sanchez (Pedro Armendariz Jr) hears that Columbo was involved in the accident is determined to meet him and ask Columbo how he solved the case featured in Troubled Waters. Fortunately a local policeman intervenes...unfortunately, he has to stay in the country for a few more days AND this policeman asks him to help on a case. View production, box office, & company info, Every Original Columbo (1971-1978) Episode Ranked. Second, shortly after that the injured man's father is torn to pieces by the same bull. best. Ricardo Montalban was so good in this episode. When the police realise who he is, they take him along for the formality of clearing up this accident. Or at least I did until the perfidious beast took off on me three weeks ago. Luis Montoya is a famous Mexican bullfighter. As a huge fan of Columbo, I very much liked A Matter of Honor, even if I don't consider it either one of the best or the worst of the series. When Curro was injured that day, did things really happen as Montoya claimed? Luis freezes once more. Oh there's a sub plot in there. Pictures are property of movie companies owner of the respective movies. Privacy policy. Where in Mexico was "A Matter of Honor" filmed? The script is clever, with a number of funny and tense moments, and while I did find the idea of Columbo being recognised in Mexico rather hard to swallow and some of the values did seem as though they originated from an era much earlier than the 70s, the story is diverting with a clever murder and solution as well as some good values. Columbo certainly thinks it possible, and he's clearly the person to find out. I also liked the mention of the case that formed the episode Troubled Waters. I am assuming Tijuana but where in Tijuana? This is clearly not textbook investigating. Indeed he gets to know before us! | The whole series in fact ranks up there among the most enjoyable, each episode sprinkled judiciously with touches of originality in the script and characters, if not always in the plots. Display options: 1931 Cadillac Series 355. I love Columbo because unlike his other TV detectives, he is not your typical jaded, cynical, anti-social brilliant detective but rather a caring, enthusiastic, perceptive and very skilled investigator. He gets entangled with his own problems. Montoya has had to send everyone away so he has no witnesses. With Curro returning from hospital and proclaiming he'll kill the bull that injured him and killed his father, Luis jumps in the bullring to try and persuade him not to do it. Columbo, Peter Falk, gets into a minor fender-bender. The pace isn't the most brisk of all episodes, it is occasionally a tad leaden in the middle, but not problematic enough to call Matter of Honor completely dull. With Peter Falk, Hector Elizondo, Sal Mineo, Kenneth Tobey. Guest stars Ricardo Montalban stars as a celebrity matador who kills the man who knows his deepest secret. save hide report. Directed by Ted Post. I am assuming Tijuana but where in Tijuana? Celebs. | But this time there's not. Although filming locations are not listed on imdb, the whole movie takes place in Mexico, Vehicle used a lot by a main character or for a long time, Vehicle used by a character or in a car chase, Minor action vehicle or used in only a short scene. No problem. Okay, let's investigate the facts. I live in SoCal and they made it seem like TJ. But he's not smug about it. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. 7/10 Bethany Cox. (01 Feb 1976). Although we haven't presented it as such in this guide, there's a big difference in this episode from most Columbos. He has a minor car crash. What if the death was to cover something up? 0 comments. Sort by. A Matter of Honour. She probably doesn't even like his car. He's probably one of the least smug murderers in the entire Columbo series. A. Martinez from L.A. Law, Santa Barbara, and General Hospital has a memorable role as the son of the victim. Several of them had a disgusting ice-cream-eating floppy eared dog. And that's just the way we like them. But whilst Curro survived, back at the Mexican ranch where Hector Rangel works things are not quite so rosy. Ah yes, the wife of Columbo is around too. Columbo is on holiday in Mexico and has an accident with his car. The son was recently gored in the ring and sent to the hospital. ), See all comments about this movie and its vehicles, © 2004-2019 IMCDb.org — Managed by Controgest SPRL — When the police arrive he tells the story of how he believed Hector went in the ring to kill the bull himself. While this is a weaker one of season 5 which has mostly strong outings, checking out Ricardo Montalban as Mexico's most famous retired bullfighter now turned into bull stud rancher is worth a look. 1974 Datsun 160J. Columbo is then forced to leave his car, which has only a slight dent on it,for the weekend to be examined by the local authorities to clear up any local insurance charges. I have a cat. A MATTER OF HONOR is a 1976 episode of the COLUMBO show that sees the crumpled detective heading south of the border to engage in some vacationing. The Best TV Shows About Being in Your 30s, Chambermaid Hector's packed suitcase is found but no one knows who packed it. One angry bull provides all the evidence needed. (There are Spoilers) On vacation with his old lady in Mexico Let. Log in or sign up to leave a comment log in sign up. Like "What's this piece of wood on the floor, buried under the sand in the bull ring?". With Peter Falk, Ricardo Montalban, Pedro Armendáriz Jr., A Martinez. No overacting about how upset he is, no trying to explain everything Columbo finds on the floor. Overall, a solid episode. The following 2 files are in this category, out of 2 total. His car is impounded, but hey, the Mexican police might be able to help. One guy he just gives a bottle of booze too and sends him off on a horse. Could this be the first homicide where the murder weapon is a bull? The script is clever, with a number of funny and tense moments, and while I did find the idea of Columbo being recognised in Mexico rather hard to swallow and some of the values did seem as though they originated from an era much earlier than the 70s, the story is diverting with a clever murder and solution as well as some good values. save hide report. So at this point you may be wondering just how Columbo gets involved with the Mexican police. Columbo: A Matter of Honor, Movie made for TV, 1976 . Later episodes, alas, showed signs of flagging interest on the part of the writers and producers. "Columbo" A Matter of Honor (TV Episode 1976) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. Hector protests. But for all his thoughts and questions, he struggles to work out the motive. It is beautifully shot with some of the loveliest scenery of any Columbo music, and while the music score is not one of the best or the most atmospheric I loved the flavour it had. Make and modelMake and yearYearCategoryImportance/RoleDate added (new ones first)EpisodeAppearance (ep.+time, if avail.

Warframe Jupiter Junction Requirements, Helana Sawires Movies, Kuroko No Basket Last Game Kissanime, Famous Female Scottish Scientists And Their Inventions, Roblox Profile Picture, Divinity 2 Blood Storm Nerf, Battlefield 5 Servers List, 3d Ice Font, Bactine Spray For Dogs, Kendall Windham Net Worth, Godspell Female Songs, Unblocked Games 6969 Boxhead 2, Surfer Girl Names, Sorcerer's Screed The Icelandic Book Of Magic Spells, Sicko Bamba Roblox Id, Scrolling Words Answers, How To Remove Broken Antenna Stud, What Does It Mean When A Chicken Comes To Your House, Dingo Husbandry Manual, Les 101 Dalmatiens Film 2019 Streaming, The Golden Voyage Of Sinbad Soundtrack, Fania Mindell Quotes, Who Is Billy Brown's Daughter, Down Payment On Death, Inappropriate Clown Names, Alliteration For Leaves, 2020 Michigan License Plate Sticker, Heidi Hagman Dallas, Skylar Satenstein Net Worth, Keynote Invitation Template, Jason Mohammed Wife, Twisted Metal 4 Controls, Logitech Mx Master 3 Firmware Update, Chris Hardwick Height, Tom Hart Wife, Prime Vandal Price, Rebels Fc Soccer Pa, St Johns Bridge Death, Les Simpson En Français Complet, Why Do Orthodox Shave Head, Happy Arrived At Our House The Boyz Eng Sub, Utopia Dystopia Essay, Evgenia Peretz Wikipedia, Kpy Season 2 Title Winner, Loons Location Rdr2 Online, Animal Crossing Dreamies List Maker, Piper Laurie Net Worth, Wayne Rogers Wife, Thule Bike Rack, Sharon Marie Huddle, Auba Estela Murillo, Maharam Discontinued Fabrics, James Monsees Wedding, David Koch Wife, Danielle Spencer Net Worth, What Happens When Someone Flatlines, Russian Bear Tattoo, Rain To Snow Calculator, How Many Core Electrons Does Tin Have, Yvonne Sampson Instagram, Julia Steinbrenner Vinas, Iqbal Book Theme, How Did Islamic Civilization Spread To Encompass Such An Extensive Empire Thesis, Rwby Season 9 Release Date, Cessna 411 For Sale, What Does Mab Stand For In Pregnancy, John Lewis Employee Handbook, Ecpi Payment Plan, Project Semicolon Criticism, Keeshond Rescue Arizona, Thieves Spray Walmart, Michael Simkins E11even, Living In A Prius, List Of State With Highest Professors In Nigeria, How Old Is Chayanne Wife, Satisfactory Calculator Load Balancer, Mini Exotic Bully, Feliciano Lopez Wife, Evan Todd Engaged, Example Of Jabber Id, Rotting Out Thrasher Hoodie, Carl Season 10 Shameless, Underworld 2 : évolution Streaming, Edwards V Healy, Iron Golem Head, Online Star Wars Games, How Old Is Nikki Uberti, Houseboats For Sale Katherine's Landing, A Lost Memory Of Delhi Poem Summary, Skyrim 3d Trees And Plants Plants Only, Vicks Vapor Rub Turned Toenail Black, Feast Bbq Bourbon Slushies,