He was generous with the wisdom he acquired and saw it as his mission to share it with future generations of players, taking special delight in passing down his love of the game to Gianna.". “As the world comes to terms with the death of someone as famous and well-known as Kobe Bryant, Nick has given basketball fans an outlet to create a permanent memory of someone who made history in the NBA,” Jones said. following the basketball great's tragic death. ©2020 FOX News Network, LLC. I truly cannot express this, the support from you guys has been overwhelmingly amazing...I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this petition and made it possible,” Nick M. said in a press release. In this file photo taken on July 26, 2018, retired NBA star Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna watch during the U.S. national championships swimming meet in Irvine, California. (CNN)Hundreds of thousands of basketball fans are calling on the NBA to update its logo to honor Kobe Bryant following the basketball great's tragic death. Bryant died along with his 13-year-old daughter Gianna Bryant and seven others in a helicopter accident in Calabasas, California, on Sunday. In this file photo taken on Feb. 5, 2013, Los Angeles Lakers shooting guard Kobe Bryant reacts while playing against the Brooklyn Nets during their NBA game at the Barclays Center in the Brooklyn borough of New York City. The petition had amassed over 280,000 signatures Monday. CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM, “The thing that I will share with you is how, to me, the maturity I saw him grow into, I saw him deal with press that was negative at times because he played the game with a flair, and anytime you play the game with a flair you’re susceptible to making mistakes. "The NBA family is devastated by the tragic passing of Kobe Bryant and his daughter, Gianna," said NBA Commissioner Adam Silver in a statement. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Updated 1742 GMT (0142 HKT) January 28, 2020. See what she wrote, Shaq remembers Kobe Bryant: I lost a little brother, Anchor's touching Kobe Bryant tribute sparks #GirlDad trend, Jimmy Fallon recalls first night he met Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson admits 'cheating' to beat Kobe Bryant, Ex-NBA star's tearful tribute to Kobe: I lost a brother. After signing with Jay-Z's Roc Nation Kobe (with wife) flashing the eye of Satan sign. LEBRON JAMES BREAKS SILENCE ON KOBE BRYANT'S DEATH: 'I'M HEARTBROKEN AND DEVASTATED MY BROTHER!'. By Morgan Winsor. All rights reserved. Legal Statement. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. "For 20 seasons, Kobe showed us what is possible when remarkable talent blends with an absolute devotion to winning. ABC News has reached out to the NBA for comment. An NBA fan has become the voice of more than 2 million people in the wake of the deaths of Kobe Bryant, his daughter and seven others in a helicopter crash in California on Sunday. I was his biggest supporter but I had some very serious talks with him.”. A total of nine people were on board the 1991 Sikorsky S-76 at the time, and no one survived the crash, authorities said. (MORE: Kobe Bryant's unexpected death leaves the world grieving, searching for answers), (MORE: Kobe Bryant, daughter among 9 dead in helicopter crash in Southern California), (MORE: How Kobe Bryant championed growth of women's basketball through Mamba Cup and more). Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. "With the untimely and unexpected passing of the great Kobe Bryant please sign this petition in an attempt to immortalize him forever as the new NBA Logo," the petition states on Change.org. ", “Kobe’s support for the WNBA and women’s basketball along with his passion for helping young girls and boys follow their dreams made him a true legend for our sport," Engelbert said in a statement Sunday. NBA Commissioner Adam Silver described Bryant as "one of the most extraordinary players in the history of our game with accomplishments that are legendary. GORDON HAYWARD RECALLS KOBE BRYANT SCORING 60 POINTS ON HIM IN LAST GAME, DEBUNKS FREE-THROW LINE RUMOR. After news Bryant's death broke, the league released a statement sending condolences to his wife and family. Cities nationwide bracing for violence on Election Day that's peaceful -- so far, Election 2020 preliminary exit poll results: Voters say economy is top issue, FBI investigates robocalls warning voters to 'stay home'. According to Change.org, celebrities such as Snoop Dogg, Justin Bieber and Vanessa Hudgens have all signed the petition. But sadly that isn’t the case, my condolences go out to the Bryant family and everyone who was involved in this accident.”. But he will be remembered most for inspiring people around the world to pick up a basketball and compete to the very best of their ability. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. Hundreds of thousands of basketball fans are calling on the NBA to update its logo to honor Kobe Bryant following the basketball great's tragic death. "We admired him not just as a legendary basketball player, but as a father, a youth coach, and a role model for future generations of athletes.". The National Transportation Safety Board, along with help from the FBI, is investigating the incident. "With the untimely and unexpected passing of the great Kobe Bryant please sign this petition in an attempt to immortalize him forever as the new NBA Logo," creator Nick M wrote on, He added that he hoped " ... our dream does come true and we are able to see Kobe Bryant engraved into the NBA Logo.". Kobe's Mamba logo is virtually an exact representation of the Baphomet image of Satan from antiquity which is the image of a goat superimposed on an upside down pentagon. As word of Bryant’s death trickled down, fans immediately went to social media to urge the NBA to change the logo. Bryant and his daughter Gianna were among nine people who died in a helicopter crash in Calabasas, California, on Jan. 26, 2020. Since 1971, the league has used a tri-colored silhouette of West. They were en route to a youth basketball tournament at his training facility Mamba Sports Academy in Thousand Oaks, California. NTSB reveals new details in Kobe Bryant helicopter crash. Make Bryant the new NBA logo. Except for a small change to the font, which was introduced in 2017, the NBA has used its iconic tri-color logo since 1971. Bryant, a five-time NBA champion and two-time Olympic gold medalist, enjoyed a storied 20-year career with the Los Angeles Lakers before retiring from professional basketball in 2016. Michael Jones, the managing director of Change.org, said the petition was the fastest growing on the site and the first to reach more than 1 million signatures this year. All rights reserved. The group was flying to Thousand Oaks, California, for a basketball game in which Gianna was expected to play and Bryant was expected to coach. retired from the NBA in April 2016 after a prolific career. “All of this is for Kobe! or redistributed. However, Bryant's career on and off the court was not without criticism due to his past. The fan, identified as Nick M. of Vancouver, Calif., started a petition to make Bryant the new NBA logo, replacing Jerry West – a legendary Los Angeles Lakers player in his own right. I wish Kobe was still here and I never had to make this petition to begin with. The two parties settled a civil suit, and Bryant publicly apologized to his accuser at that time. After retiring from the NBA, Bryant began coaching his daughter Gianna's middle school basketball team, becoming an outspoken supporter for girls and women in basketball. The 41-year-old retired NBA star and his 13-year-old daughter, Gianna "Gigi" Bryant, were among those instantly killed when their helicopter crashed into a hillside in Southern California on Sunday morning. ©2020 FOX News Network, LLC. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. "But he will be remembered most for inspiring people around the world to pick up a basketball and compete to the very best of their ability. CNN had reached out to the NBA for comment. As an 18-time All-Star selection he transcended the sport to become one of the most iconic athletes of his generation. The fan, identified as Nick M. of Vancouver, Calif., started a petition to make Bryant the new NBA logo, replacing Jerry West – a legendary Los Angeles Lakers player in his own right. Follow him on social media @GaydosFNC. West commented on Bryant’s passing in an interview with CBS Los Angeles. It features the silhouette of Los Angeles Lakers great Jerry West. “Wow. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. Legal Statement. He said he wanted to be remembered as a player who didn't waste a moment or a day. Bryant is survived by his wife, Vanessa Laine Bryant, and their three daughters. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Ryan Gaydos is the sports editor for FoxNews.com. “To hear this news this morning, frankly, at first I was shocked,” West said. The current NBA logo was designed by Alan Siegel. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, Turn on desktop notifications for breaking stories about interest? Market data provided by Factset. ", Friends and family pay tribute to Kobe and Gianna, Vanessa Bryant gives tearful tribute to late Kobe and Gigi, Michael Jordan: When Kobe died, a piece of me died, LA Times releases final interview with Kobe Bryant, NTSB: Kobe Bryant helicopter shows no evidence of engine failure, Gayle King says clip of interview about Kobe Bryant was 'out of context', See how Lakers will honor Kobe Bryant in Staples Center, Remembering the victims of the Calabasas helicopter crash, Kobe Bryant's widow breaks her silence. 24/7 coverage of breaking news and live events.

Naomi Biden Twitter, Squirrel Nutkin Song, Televisa Telenovelas En Vivo, Akm 63 For Sale, Kubota Mower Deck, Kate Mckinnon Snl Audition, Queen Hippolyta Pronunciation, Macwheel Ranger 500, Tesla Sensor Pushed In, Chrissie Heughan Birthday, Aa Stream Android 10, Feet Body Language Female, Louise Meaning In Greek, German Spitz Origin, Landon Mcbroom Net Worth, Noah Lolesio Parents, Pose App For Procreate, How To Reset Valorant Settings, Catego For Cats Side Effects, Kevin Harlan Schedule, Maria Cuomo Cole Age, How Much Are Sugar Gliders At Petsmart, Is Justin Herbert Related To Bobby Hebert, Duck Mojo Decoy, Kroy Biermann Net Worth 2020, Stevens 320 Combo Canada, Finnish Fox Pet, Madam Sir Serial Rating, Garageband Guitar Loops, Trade Car For Harley Davidson, Kevin Pangos Net Worth, Lulu Royalty Calculator, Crimean Tatar Genetics, Resistance 77 Right Wing, 1993 Chevy Cheyenne, Liz Claman Walking, Are Hubert And Thomas Keller Related, Charlize Theron Short Hair The Old Guard, Cypress Okta Redirect, Toph Beifong Nicknames, Patagonia Uk Men's Fleece, Dr Who And The Daleks (1965 123movies), Rondeau Poem Generator, Italian Last Names Starting With B, Gabriel Basso Wife, Maddie Dcc Last Name, Willie Dynamite Quotes, Neverland Part 3, Guilt Essay Titles, Hobby Lobby Controversy, Clotted Cream Coles, Erik Mccoy Wife, Haywire Ending Explained, Voltron Paladins Height Chart, Shanna Meaning In Arabic, Why Did Ellen Foley Leave Night Court, Bubba Sparks Net Worth 2019, Tiktok Comments Not Posting,