So when Houston crossed paths with Brown at that same fateful Soul Train Awards, the New Edition bad boy (at 20 he'd already been shot at and stabbed and fathered two kids) seemed the perfect solution to both of her problems and the instantly smitten singer reportedly declared, "That is going to be my husband." "I, like every singer, always wanted to be just like her," Beyoncé stated after Houston died. She is our queen and she opened doors and provided a blueprint for all of us.". Caso não concorde com o uso cookies dessa forma, você deverá ajustar as configurações de seu navegador ou deixar de acessar o nosso site e serviços. Both were working at a community center in East Orange, New Jersey. Robyn Crawford (born December 17, 1960) is an American author, producer, and former assistant to and creative director for Whitney Houston. Shortly, the two became best friends, and Whitney made Robyn her creative director. Esses Cookies nos permitem coletar alguns dados pessoais sobre você, como sua ID exclusiva atribuída ao seu dispositivo, endereço de IP, tipo de dispositivo e navegador, conteúdos visualizados ou outras ações realizadas usando nossos serviços, país e idioma selecionados, entre outros. Robyn Crawford was born in Newark, New Jersey, but grew up as one of three siblings in East Orange, New Jersey. Get updated about your favorite star and their lifestyle right in your inbox. According to telegraph.co.uk, Robyn is 57 years old. Since she was American Sweetheart and all, that didn't go too well with her image. Instead, they enabled each other. Whitney offers a more complex portrait of the family that both aided Houston's rise and contributed to her downfall. In a 2000 Jane profile (she showed up four hours late to the accompanying photo shoot), she was asked the difference between spending time with a president (by that point she'd met both George H.W. But few take an interest in Houston’s later work, like the 1998 album My Love Is Your Love, in which she replaced the hyperfeminine gowns with pantsuits and melded her pop melodies with hip-hop soul, yielding anthems like “It’s Not Right but It’s Okay,” and “Heartbreak Hotel.” Those are the songs that suggested she did eventually find a different, more adult, style to represent herself. Whitney Houston, shown performing in 1994, supposedly was romantically involved with her best friend, Robyn Crawford, who writes about it in a new memoir. “Whitney’s private life was hers. The junkie gets off on a couple of hits." The 2018 documentary, painstakingly assembled with the help of Houston's relatives and closest companions, revealed even more agonizing truths about the seven-time Grammy winner's life. ", When it came through, Whitney had been making a play at a comeback. "I don't think she was gay, I think she was bisexual," Whitney's make-up artist and friend Ellin Lavar noted in Whitney: Can I Be Me. And then all of a sudden, we were face to face. Crawford gracefully accepted the decision—"I just felt I wouldn't be losing much," she explained on Today. He signed her and tasked none other than label founder Clive Davis with supervising the two-year production of her self-titled 1985 debut—a disc that paired her three-octave, impassioned vocals with polished, catchy tracks such as "Saving All My Love for You," "How Will I Know" and "The Greatest Love of All". She wanted to talk about it.". ", To put it mildly. But despite talk of Whitney’s “sexual fluidity” featured in the film, Houston’s sister-in-law seemed to deny that Whitney and Robyn were anything more than friends. Signup for our Hollywood and pop culture newsletter. Los Angeles Community College District elections: Everything you need to know. "Robyn provided a safe place for her. [3], Learn how and when to remove these template messages, Learn how and when to remove this template message, "Whitney Houston's Confidante Robyn Crawford Breaks Her Silence", "Robyn Crawford Opens up to Lena Waithe About Her Relationship With Whitney Houston", "Whitney Houston's Best Friend Robyn Crawford Counters Claim that Dee Dee Warwick Molested the Singer", "Exclusive: The Robyn Crawford Interview You Haven't Heard Yet", "Whitney Houston's best friend Robyn Crawford confirms they had a physical relationship", "Whitney Houston's Best Friend Robyn Crawford Breaks Her Silence on Their Love Affair in New Memoir", "Robyn Crawford on Loving Whitney Houston: "It Was Deep, "Robyn Crawford: My Life With Whitney Houston", "A Song for You My Life With Whitney Houston By Robyn Crawford", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Robyn_Crawford&oldid=986916178, BLP articles lacking sources from November 2019, Articles with multiple maintenance issues, Articles lacking reliable references from November 2020, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, "'She Had Me, I Had Her:' Robyn Crawford Opens Up", "Nobody Loved Whitney Like Robyn Crawford - The Interview You've Been Waiting For", This page was last edited on 3 November 2020, at 19:09. “The Bodyguard” star’s older brother certainly let it rip about Crawford in Lifetime’s “Whitney,” the family-authorized documentary that came out in 2018. Downstairs, as distraught luminaries such as Tony Bennett, Diana Ross, Britney Spears and Mary J. Blige arrived, the party commenced, the superstar's loved ones insisting they celebrate. I believe her agenda was to clean up her image while mine was to be loved and have children. Following Houston’s death, Robyn said that she wished she could go back and hug her for the last time but she couldn't. His Personal Life, Mixed Ethnicity YouTuber Alex Aiono Still With Cutest Girlfriend? However, the exact date of their marriage is still a mystery. As in now, Robyn has a partner named Lisa Hintelmann who is the editorial projects editor at Esquire magazine. ", But not the freedom to come clean about her romance. In Cissy's 2013 memoir, Remembering Whitney she recalled hearing someone "yelling 'White-ey! Your source for entertainment news, celebrities, celeb news, and ​celebrity gossip. Lady Gaga posted a video reaching out to battleground voters. "She said if people find out about us, they would use this against us, and back in the '80s that's how it felt.". I think that maybe that's where it comes from," she told Hall. The trio of number one singles and a best female pop vocal Grammy, matched with her good girl image propelled Houston away from her humble roots into the upper most echelon: celebrity. Robyn is a name who was famous for being linked up with the multi-talented singer Whitney Houston. The singer's death would later be attributed to accidental drowning, heart disease and cocaine use. For years, Robyn Crawford was solely described as Houston's pal and assistant-turned-creative director. She always knew where she was headed. Voters must chose among 33 candidates for four seats on the the Los Angeles Community College District’s seven-member board. Pat also addressed another controversial subject — Whitney’s relationship with her best friend, former assistant and rumored lover Robyn Crawford. ●. It was a scenario brother Michael simply hadn't envisioned when they were teens. Taylor Swift is the new soundtrack of the Biden-Harris campaign. “The one person who unfortunately didn’t want to be interviewed that I wanted to interview was Robyn Crawford, who was Whitney’s girlfriend for a period, her assistant and her best friend,” he said. After dating each other for some time, the couple got married and adopted twins. She married a man because she loved him. Whitney would muse to Ebony in 1991 that fans "had just gotten sick of me and just didn't want me to win another award," but in a chat with Arsenio Hall that same year she agreed that race had played a role. Legal Statement. ", Her sound wasn't her only strife. “The devil is trying to get me,” says Whitney Houston, at the beginning of the new documentary Whitney, recounting a haunting dream as images of her magical first hit play onscreen. She is an avid follower of celebrity culture and idolizes the fieriness of Cardi B. Last year’s unauthorized portrait, Whitney: Can I Be Me, broke new ground because it finally directly explored the issues that had percolated around Houston’s celebrity, but that she herself had rarely addressed. Houston's journey, as backing vocalist Pattie Howard put it, Whitney began in "the 'hood" of Newark, N.J. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Houston’s iconic role as the “black princess” of pop required denying her relationship with Crawford, but also hiding basic facts about the family.

Dale Hawerchuk Oshawa, Signs Someone Has Class, Wwe Divas Names 2020, Phil Pfister Bench Press, Which Province Has The Hardest Curriculum, Lake Ray Roberts Alligators, Monica Puig Personality, Korean Cheese Fondue Recipe, To Give Acceptance To Crossword, Doberman Puppies For Sale In Nc, Dorian Leigh Measurements, Furniture Lift Jack, Jaykae Shush, Bhavna Vaswani Zumba, Warframe Shawzin Songs Jojo, Rob Kardashian Net Worth 2020, Hardee's Honey Q Sauce, Research Paper About Flight Attendant, Better Together Tab, The Longing Game Wiki, Is Sky News Biased, How To Wish Your Crush Happy Birthday, Vowels And Consonants Worksheets For Grade 1 Pdf, Myfrontier Org Login, Maci Vs Oats, Pitbull Chow Mix, Aesha Scott Facebook, Scott Dawson Illinois Institute Of Technology,