However, I am going to watch this documentary with an objective perspective and quite possible, I will be enlightened. The two figures meet in person when Lawes invites Babe Ruth and the New York Yankees to play an exhibition game against the Sing Sing inmates on September 5, 1929. All rights reserved. The program draws a myriad of supporters, including rapper and actor Ice-T, business magnate Warren Buffet and singer and activist Harry Belafonte. Verified reviews are considered more trustworthy by fellow moviegoers. The percentage of users who rated this 3.5 stars or higher. Coming Soon, Regal Clearly we should see good examples of criminals educating themselves in areas that would have interested them out in public. In the process, we interviewed various members of the show from the cast to Company to committee and got insight … If make any difference, this movie makes me think about the person who are in jail. Who do we want coming out??? Through Hudson Link’s partnership with Mercy College, Sing Sing prisoners are able to receive the same curriculum and diploma as on-campus students, with remarkable results: Hudson Link has a less than 2% recidivism rate among released graduates. Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. Coming Soon. I loved this movie so much!!! The tentative release date … This music documentary records a concert given on November 23, 1972, at Sing Sing prison in upstate New York. This hour-long documentary weaves back and forth between the careers of Babe Ruth, the major sports figure of his day, and Sing Sing Warden Lewis E. Lawes, "America's Warden." Your email address will not be published. Don’t worry, it won’t take long. Just confirm how you got your ticket. Coming Soon. Overview: “What happens to a dream deferred?” asked Langston Hughes in his classic poem “Harlem.”The question is especially relevant within the walls of the Sing Sing Correctional Facility, where 1,700 men serve lengthy prison sentences, often for violent crimes. https://hbowatch.com/hbo-documentary-films-the-university-of-sing-sing I would love to see these kind of program in prisons throughout the United States so that all prisoners will have the opportunity to turn their lives around. He bamboozled my family to be part of this documentary by making us think this was a non-profit project with all the proceeds going to the Hudson Link program. Dream Documentary Collective is proud to present: “I, Too, Sing America”: Langston Hughes Unfurled, a two-part documentary film about the life of African American poet and writer Langston Hughes and the most recent humanities scholarship on his work. Sean Pica, a former inmate and current director of Hudson Link, calls the program essential for successful reentry to society after prison. I’m so sorry man. I loved what Warren Buffett’s wife said comparing this to birth. Blessings to all and peace for a better world. Choose an adventure below and discover your next favorite movie or TV show. HBOWatch is not affiliated with HBO. Directed by Freida Lee Mock. Both pieces share a common theme – finding something positive in the negative environment that is a maximum security prison. By including the families of the inmates in the interviews and having them help shape the stories of these prisoners it enriches the film. Before watching it, I will say this: I guess when you look at the prision system (whether US or Canada), I think as a law abiding citizen, is it fair for these inmates to received an education, when they have committed violent crimes? Viewers do get that history but it was done in a way that does not confine us to the classroom or even the prison. It will cost way less on many levels to educate these folks and help them and all of us have better lives. How do squeaky-voiced 8 year olds become amazing singers? My family and I luckily didn’t sign any release and now we are forced to seek legal help to sue these people. HBO air dates are 04.05 at 3:00pm; 04.08 at 4:30pm; 04.13 at 9:30am and 04.18 at 11:15 or at your convenience on HBOGo. “Or do you want them changed and thinking about what they’ve done, and educated and looking to make a difference in their lives?” THE UNIVERSITY OF SING SING is directed by Tim Skousen. Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password.

Demon Slayer Minecraft Map, Chris Cillizza Net Worth, Affirmative Action Thesis Statement, Victoria Granucci Today, Skrewdriver When The Boat Comes In Lyrics, Permanent Dental Cement Over The Counter, Goss V Lord Nugent, Kevin Malone I Have To Go To The Bathroom Scene, Ethnicity Vs Nationality Essay, Nirvana In Fire 2, Omegawave Vs Whoop, Dyno Custom Commands, Where Is Melania Trump Today, I Hate Smash Bros, Aldi Almond Flour, Houses For Rent Virginia, Mn Craigslist, The Promises Of God Are Yes And Amen Sermon, R150f Transmission Identification, Justin Stills Death, Msf Clix Net Worth, Broccoli Pronunciation Australian, Miraculous Ladybug Fanfiction Adrien Protective Lemon, Teacup French Bulldog California, How Much Does Victor Espinoza Weight, Jill Rodrigues Instagram, Leavenworth Times Classified Ads, Ender Dragon Portal, Reiji Okazaki Death, Unsung The Jets Full Episode, 10 Couples Parfaits Saison 5, Robert Herjavec House, Pick Three Lottery Predictions, Wnba 2k20 Ratings, Summit Air Oxford, Ganesh Chaturthi 2020 Start And End Date, 5x5 Grid Png, Dr Mario Express Rom, Gus Savalas Age, Cen Renewal Cost, 300 Vs 340 Spine Arrows, Francisco Garcia Net Worth, Halfords Finance Reviews, Nakshatra Compatibility Chart, Letters Of Administration Texas, Om Sai Ram Meaning, Best Piano Keyboard Reddit, Powerbirds Season 2, Best Junglers To One Trick, Pikuniku How To Roll, Military Promotion Prayer, Halmahera Gecko Care, Heidi Hagman Dallas, Sam Oosterhoff Age, Supergirl Season 6 Villain, Australia Plastic Surgery, Laiken Joy Wikipedia, Clockwork Princess Epilogue, Estime De Soi Pdf, Senior High School Journey Essay, How To Remove Scumble Glaze, Hobbs And Shaw Tall Guy, Where To Sell Indium, Jackie Mcnamara Song, Welcome To Flavortown Flag, Malia Meaning In Korean, Joe Gladwin Height, Famous Szekely People, Discontinued David's Tea, Navy Jag Salary, What Is The Biblical Meaning Of The Name George,